The Runway

Hey there readers, I have had some massive writers block for 'Honey and Vinegar', so I decided to leave it alone for the moment and work on another story instead, so vote or comment and let me know how you like it!!

*******************************************************************************************************************                                                                 

Prologue

    “ Lyla your mother and I have something to tell you.”  my dad tells me when we are almost done with dinner.

    “ Okay what is it?” I ask taking a drink of my soda that its annoyingly in a wine glass

    “ We have decided that you are going to be mated to Alpha Camden.” my mom says happily jumping up and down in her chair like a little kid who was just told that they were being taken to the candy store, I on the other hand am having the opposite reaction, I spit out on soda all over the table like in the cartoons

    “ Are you kidding me.” I ask choking and looking between my mom and dad

    “ No sweetie why would we joke about something like this, why would you think that this is a joke?” Mom asks

    “ Umm lets see the guy is thirty- eight and I am only eighteen.” I tell her exasperated, god this can not be happening! I refuse to give up everything I hold dear to anyone but my mate, that means both my wolf and I have to love him and his wolf. The thought of mating with a guy who is my dads age is making me sick!

    “ Yes well,” my dad clears his throat “tomorrow afternoon Camden will come for you and you two will be mated and married.” he tells me

    The hell I am, I am going to leave there is no way in hell I am going to marry and be mated with an old man even if he is the Alpha! I rather die! I need to leave and tonight, yeah thats a good plan I will leave tonight!

    Plastering a forced smile onto my face I say “ You know what this is great, I am just so excited that I am going to go and spend the night with my sister.” I tell my parents jumping up from the table and rushing out of the room before either of them can stop me.

    Locking my door, I grab two medium size duffels out of my closet and toss them on the bed, I run around my room quickly tossing clothes, shoes and my unmentionables that would fit into the first bag.

    In my second bag I toss all my most personal things and everything else I can think of that I am going to need.

    There is no way in hell I am sticking around here and being forced to marry and old man. I shiver at the thought of Camden touching me I mean come on it is the twenty first century and all, that may have been okay back in the like eighteenth century but not anymore!

    Shoving my I-pod, laptop, camera, wallet and passport and any other type of ID that I have into the second bag, lastly I grab my ten huge rolls of cash out from under my bed and shove them into the bag.

    Ripping off my dinner dress, yes thats right my parents always make me dress up for dinner, I toss the dress in my laundry been and slip into my favorite and most comfortable pair of skinny jeans, a warm thermal,t-shirt, my warmest thickest sweaters and my sturdy hiking boots that look like they would weigh a ton but they are actually really light, lastly I put on a baseball cap and grab my sunglasses that cover most my face. I sling my bags over my shoulder and carefully sneak out of my room.

    I sneak down stairs careful to avoid the steps that creek and squeak.

    Grabbing my keys out of the dish near the door, I rush outside before anyone sees me I throw my bags in the back of my car, I pull out normally so as to not arouse any ones suspicion and head in the direction of my sisters house.

    Once I am out of the sight of the house, I drive faster and faster until I am finally free of the town, making sure I sever all my pack bonds and drive faster.