iii/vector images and edits

This tut will be about the basics of making a vector cover. 

Requested by ahmadafiqhere

If this isn't clear, you can check out the video as well. Hope u will understand ;)

Tip: Always start learning vector effect with a PNG model, because it is sure to make your life easier. (You will know why, read on) And btw, I'm using this PNG:

 (You will know why, read on) And btw, I'm using this PNG:

S T E P 1

Open the canvas, (yeah, the same 512 x 800 dimension or whatever size you want your canvas to be if you are not making it directly on the cover...) Make sure it's not the transparent one, to make your work easier. Next load the PNG image onto your canvas. 

S T E P 2

Now go to the layer tab, usually to your right, and then select the icon which is shaped like a rectangular sheet of paper with it bottom corner folded. Now a new layer will be created on top of the model layer. Right click and change the title to what you will be working on. 

Tip: Start with the most common color. 

For example, I started with the skin, since that cover a large part of the pic, than the model's clothing. So I have named the new layer as 'SKIN'

S T E P 3

Now, here comes the tricky part, one that will require all your patience. 

Make sure you have the layer you are working on clicked, (If you have selected that layer, you will get a blue highlight kinda stuff on that layer) Then go to the 'BRUSH' icon, onto your left side on the tool bar. Below the toolbar, you will be able to see the color template. (A huge rectangle, and smaller boxes of white color below it) Click, the bigger box, and you will get a color box. And if you take your cursor icon out of the box, the cursor will change to a dropper icon. Now place the DROPPER cursor on the common shade of the color you are working on. 

Here, in my example I have placed it randomly on her face somewhere, so that I got a skin color selected. But if you notice there are a lot of skin color on the model's skin. But you don't have to worry about that. Because its a vector and vectors are less lifelike. 

So, next start filling up the region, in my case I colored all the skin region showing on the image with the brush tool. By using various sizes of the brush, according to the area available.

Keep in mind, USE THE SAME COLOR ALL OVER. Don't do the shading business yet. Its gonna make it complicated. We will talk about the shadows later. Think this as a base color and fill it up.

 Think this as a base color and fill it up