|1|Meet the Princess

A woman's heart is a deep ocean
                            of secrets.

                                                                        ~»°»~

My name is Allyha Brunnet Ysanna Vineyards, the daughter of King Alexander, from his wife Emerald Reign Victoria Vineyards of Great Britain.

Ever since mother passed away when I was two years old, the whole palace hung up the portrait of the former Kings and their beloved Queens, so it was not impossible for me to have a glimpse of her beautiful face. I was raised by servants and was seldom visited by my father, the King. He runs the whole empire of Britain; he has no such time to visit me for he is busy.

I always receive presents from the different Princes, suitors from different powerful kingdoms. Sadly, I was raised in the castle all my life. Every move I make, even the dresses I chose. Everything is dictated. Everything is listed for me to follow. As a Princess, I perform my duties to serve my subjects. There is no space for selfishness, or mistakes.

Despite having the luxury and authority, sometime I still find my life boring. The commoners can see and go to all the places they've wanted. Everything I've read in books: the ocean blue waters, the green mountains and hills, the lakes and rivers. I was limited to reading about them, but they could go there when the feel like it. While me? I was limited to just wishing to see them. I want to travel all around the world, to see what is out there. Live my dreams and venture the unexplored lands.

But then again, that is I cannot do that. I'm a princess, my life is here at the castle. I live only to serve my kingdom and nothing else.

I'm actually turning Eighteen tomorrow, the servants are busy preparing for my party, the guests, the food, and the reception. They told me that if I turned eighteen, I can choose my prince and get married, or my father will choose him for me. I already know that I am just a token of friendship for the King to give away if I was arranged to get married. But my life was out there. The empire has to expand their den. My sisters from the King had almost been sold, though they're not my real sisters. I wouldn't be surprised if my life would be just like them. My whole life has been decided ever since I was born.

A knock on the door broke the silence in my room. I cleared my throat and spoke, "Who is it?" I said with my firm voice, brushing the depressing thoughts away.

"It is me, Your Highness. Your dress has arrived." Jocelyn, my attendant, said gently. She had served me ever since I was born. She has a black hair and brown eyes, all of the servants did. Commoners have that type of eye color. People with higher ranks of nobility have different shades. The higher their ranks are. Mine was lavender, one of the ranks you can consider high.

Though I have these eyes, no dares to look at them as my father said. I don't know the reason behind it. But when he permitted some of his friends to, they were astonished, for some reason.

Jocelyn slowly opened the door and other servants delivered the dresses inside of my room. I turned around to see the dress I'll be wearing tomorrow, for my birthday. They respectfully bowed their heads as they approach me. I walked towards the dresses and inspected them.

Three dresses were presented in front of me. One was a sky blue, off shoulder. Plain and simple. Like the one I usually wear in unimportant events. The other was an elegant, peach dress. It was an off-shoulder dress as well, and its ends were decorated with lace and flowers. The last one was a golden yellow, low-back dress, paired with long gloves. It plumbed from the waist and was adorned with crystals and shards. It's beautiful. I think it's the one I'll like the best.

"You may leave now," I commanded and they obeyed. Jocelyn remained and bowed her head to me. "Do you need anything?" I asked.

"The King himself will attend the party tomorrow, Your Highness. He sent this to you. He called to check if you have already received it." She said, handing me aletter.

"You may leave." She nodded and left.

The king will attend MY party? Why? He never wasted his time on gatherings like these. Usually the conferences and general meetings were his thing.

I sat on my study table and unfolded the letter. I've read letters from my father before, the ones that he sent to my mother. His handwriting is pretty direct from my perspective. They were sharp yet meaningful. The poems that he wrote were amazing, they made my heart melt. They were clearly the words of love. It somehow gave me a rush of excitement.

However, as time passed by, the letters became dull and ran out of emotions. When my mother died, his passion for her had retired. It was the first time I received a letter from my father that's been written by himself. Usually, it's printed and he'll just use one of is servants to deliver it. But this time, he called for me. I missed my father so much. The last time he visited me, I was ten.

The letter said he will indeed come with his colleagues. He had someone important for me to meet, and he won't promise to attend on time. The League of Committee will have a meeting for the assignment of knights I will soon have. But I always object to having any.

Having a knight means that you are indeed exposed to danger, specifically in the world of royalties. A threat is a threat. Your life would have no guarantee, and it's harder to move without anyone's assistance. For me, it will bother me more knowing that I am being watched.

My father said that it is beyond necessary. Without my consent, an order has been signed. The order of the king is absolute and cannot be changed, so I had no choice.

Sometimes I can't help but wish for another life. I would prefer the life of a commoner. The obligations are getting heavier as I grow up. Whether I like it or not, I have to be perfect. There were times when I wanted to run away from the strings of the book they told me to master. They have great hopes on me. Unlike my sisters, my rank is much higher. They have the blue orbs, that makes them part of the royalties.

However, mine is changing over time. I remember when I was five, the color of my eyes are grey and people mistook me from being blind. When I turned twelve, it started to have the shade of lavender and up to now the color is getting darker. It had a slight effect on my eyesight but not for the people around me. The have various perceptions on how rare I am. Some of them mentioned that I have the eyes of Selene, the Mood Goddess. Some say I was born to be a Queen. A lot of them offered money that can supply the kingdom for centuries, as long as I 'bless' them with my leadership.

But in my perspective, I don't belong here. I don't see myself fitting for the throne and I guess I never will.

The question to be asked is, how important is that 'someone' to my father, the King? Why would he want me to meet this 'someone'? Does he have unfinished businesses with me? Though I have lots and lots of questions bubbling in my head, I am certain of one thing. That person will make a great change in my life.