Chapter Two: The kiss.

"How did you manage to get one of the hottest guys I've ever seen decide in two seconds he was going to go after you?", Ruby asked as she stretched in one of the cheerleading uniforms they lent for try outs.

I shrugged, stretching myself, "I didn't do anything.".

Elsa stared at me for a fe moments and I could tell she was analyzing me, he pale blue eyes studying me. I hate that, as someone who likes to keep all their thoughts and feelings guarded, I hated how easily Elsa was able to see past my walls sometimes. "If anything,", Elsa said moving her eyes to Ruby, "I think that was Mr. Anderson's doing.".

"Yeah he was really in a poor mood today.", Ruby commented.

I rolled my eyes standing up and popping my neck, "It's not only today.", I murmur.

"What was that Em?", question Ruby, she and Elsa both getting up.

"Nothing.", I respond innocently.

Before either Ruby and Elsa could question me further, Sophia shouted, "All of you time to show us what you got.", her brown curly hair was tied back into a pony tail. Her brown eyes, regarded me with amusement, dressed in the same navy white uniforms with bulldogs on the chest. "Emma,", she said coyly all the girls turning to look at her, "Why don't you show me what you can do?'.

I stand up, not at all surprised that I got picked to go first, when we'd first shown up they should us all the routines, "Ready okay?", I say as peppy as I can muster, "Let's go bulldogs, we can bite and scratch and take you down, we got the bulldog spirit!", and I repeat for it a few times moving my arms and hips appropriately as they'd showed us. The next part I couldn't help but improvise doing a cartwheel into a back-handspring. Ending it with a split a few yards away from where I had been standing, suddenly I see a callused hand extended to me. My eyes slowly regard the figure, Killian, he smirked at me sending chills down my spine. The sun behind him nearly main his features unreadable. "Nice moves Swan."

I took it gingerly, pulling myself upright, grabbing my pony tail nervously my blonde waves a distraction from him staring at me with those eyes. "EMMA GET BACK OVER HERE!", I hear Sophia shout.

"Thats my cue,", I said turning on my heel thankful for the excuse to ditch the conversation.

"Wait,", he said catching my arm pulling me to face him, "I wouldn't have pegged you as a cheerleader.".

I narrow my eyes and yanked my arm away, "See you in Chemistry.".

~ ~ ~

"Can you hand me the iron sulfate?", I ask behind my goggles watching the barometer closely.

"Sure thing love."

"Don't call me love.", I snap as he places the iron sulfate into my hand.

I see him roll his eyes at the corner of my eye as he rests his side against the lab table, "What's your problem?", he asked.

"My problem is you.", I respond awaiting for the reaction to take place, "For some reason you won't leave me alone."

"Can you both just shut up!", Shouted Ruby, "Or have sex already.", she added.

Killian snickered while I felt myself turning red, "In his dreams.", I muttered.

"I don't give up.".

That managed to leave me without a response, deciding that I should just focus on finishing the lab in front of us.

~ ~ ~

"I should slap you.", I said to Ruby as we walked to check the postings for Cheer team. I could still feel my cheeks burning from her commentary.

Ruby rolled her green eyes, "Really? Em, I don't see why your so freaking defensive with him.".