Chapter 7 - Impending Fate.

Start from the beginning

Before swinging the door open I readjusted my towel, I couldn’t avoid the awkwardness of not being clothed but I could still do it with a little dignity. I flicked across the lock and swung the door open. I took a surprised step back, my eyes went wide as I watched in sheer horror.

“Harry let go of him!” I shouted, making my presence known, and after the initial shock had disappeared I found myself stood outside the bathroom. Walking over to the pair I pulled the six-foot figure off of my flat mate. I may have pulled his hair a little, his muscle showing prominently through his t-shirt warned me I was in know position to lever his body off with my own strength. 

Fortunately he released his headlock grip on Dom, allowing him to fall to the floor. My hand was still latched in his curly mess sub consciously. I envied how soft his hair was, it put mine to shame to say the least.

“You know this animal?!” Dom heaved as he pulled himself up off the floor. I ignored his sheer disapproval and went over to check if he was okay.

“Are you okay? Do you need hospital treatment or anything?”

“No, no. I’m fine.” He growled, still eyeing Harry – who had remained silent during the exchange, and not me the one who was speaking to him. “Seriously, you know him?” He repeated utterly pissed off.

I sighed heavily, turning back around to face Harry who was breathing deeply and rubbing the back of his head. I couldn’t help the small smirk appear on my face. “Unfortunately,” I replied eventually. 

Instead of giving a long-winded answer to Dom about how I didn’t really know him, but I sort of knew him, I opted for a simple answer. I’d prepare myself for questions later. Looking back at Harry I watched him scowl his face at Dom, who was doing the same to him. “Are you sure you’re okay?” I asked again to which he nodded. “I’m really sorry, he has…issues.” 

I didn’t know how to explain Harry to him, in fact I didn’t know how to justify him to myself. There was someone I still considered a stranger stood in my bedroom as if he had the right to be there and I still hadn’t screamed or called the police – I clearly wasn’t thinking logically. 

“Leave.” Harry sneered at Dom through his gritted teeth. Dom flashed his eyes over towards me, practically questioning me with them. I nodded subtly. Without another word Dom left, walking backwards as he went. Harry was quick to slam the door after he left. 

“What the actual fuck are you doing in my house. How the heck do you know where I live?!” I screamed, punching his chest out of anger but it barely affected him – in fact I think he hurt my hands more. 

“Get changed.” He replied bluntly and rudely, choosing to ignore my ranting. questions. He sat down on my bed, expecting me to follow his commands.

I stared at him, eyes wide. I couldn’t believe he was expecting me to do anything he said. It was one thing dragging someone down an alley, it was another turning up and forcing their way into someone’s house. 

Ignoring his ‘request’, I looked around my room catching sight of my notebook, which was left wide open on my desk for all to see. Flicking between the book and Harry, I legged it over towards the desk and slammed it shut. I was aware if probably looked incredibly suspicious but I’d rather that than him reading the words inside – because the page open was my notes about him. It wasn’t anything set in stone, it was key things I had noticed so I could work on them later, but to him it would still be incredibly unsettling. 

He scrunched his eyebrows together, leaning back on his hands on the mattress to stare in perplexity. I chewed on my lip, wondering how I was going to play off my latest actions. I turned with my back against the desk, one hand resting on the notebook watching him, watch me.