Chapter 4

LEO'S POV

If rage can get the best of you, people wouldn't be where they are.

I drove in such speed that I didn't bother about the cops. WHY was I blind enough to not see who was betraying us?! That's all I could think of while driving down to blue oysters.  Parking the car I got out thinking only how foolish I had been the entire time.  What I needed was a cold shower and a good nights sleep to settle my mind but here I am. Maybe coming down to blue oysters  was not such a good idea but I had business matters to attend to. 

Music pumped from every side as I walked in.  I walked to a dark corner through the crowd spotting an empty seat.  Taking a seat I called down to the waiter and ordered a a drink while giving him the red card I used for special meetings with his boss indicating that I'm a special guest and a business client. Within minutes he returned with my drink and walked away after serving me.

Thoughts flooded my mind as I tried to fight back the urge to shoot someone and anyone.  Betrayal has always been my worst enemy.  And betrayal, coming from a man I deeply trusted seem to make me think if I'm fit to lead anyone. If I can carry on protecting my family while going on with the business.  I tried my best not to recall everything that was revealed tonight.

One hour ago

"Please... please Leo! " he cried. My anger boiled within me as I tried to maintain my posture and appear calm, but I wanted nothing more than to shoot him in his head until his head is crushed by my bullets.

" I swear I didn't" Sam cried, his innocent act with which he fooled every for years.

"But you see Sam," Giovanni, my second in command started " we have proof. "

Sam. My third in command  how I trusted the bastard only made me angry at myself which drove my rage to a point where it would explode any minute.

Because I trusted him my Cristiano died! Because I trusted him most of our men are now gone. How was I foolish so much?! Can I risk any more lives?!

Giovanni now threw the file with pictures that proved his betrayal.  He played the recording that gave us all the information we need and Sam's reaction proved everything furthermore  as he paled and start stuttering, admitting his crime. 

"Please please... forgive me"

I looked at Giovanni one last time as he gave me a nod.

"Any last words Sam?"

"Take my son... take my son.. let me go and join him to our family... please I be.."

The gunshot sound banged as the room filled with the only sound which silenced every other sound.

And he fell.

Blood Pooling around him. I put my gun inside and walked away, out of the room leaving Giovanni to clean up the mess.

Can I do this anymore?  How can I risk anymore men and family.

Thoughts raced through my mind as I sat in the blue oysters waiting till my call comes.

That's when my eyes fell on the most beautiful woman I've seen in my life... Time and space seemed to stop as I studied her actions as my thoughts got distracted and all I can focus on was her. She appeared to be naive. Not liking the background very much.
"Mr. Genovese,  sir boss would like to see you now. " whispered in a low voice, a man that indicated was a part of his troop. I stood up and followed him into an old room from where he opened a trap door which led to yet another room.

And in the corner stood Pavlov Boranno.

Two hours later

I walked out of the blue oysters hoping to catch a glimpse of the girl I saw earlier but she was not to be seen. So I assumed that she must have left early as I walked down to my car when another vehicle came to a screeching halt besides mine.

"Mess is cleaned Leo. But what about his family? " Giovanni asked as he strode towards me.

Giovanni Falcone, my best friend, cousin and second in command was one of the few people left to trust now. Having my back for the past nineteen years he is my partner in every tight situation.  Though trust has been torn into the very last bitter piece I still trust Giovanni with my life.  And God help me if that turns out to be wrong. I thought as I walked around the car and got in. 

"Let the family be.  We'll talk of it tomorrow.  You're off for the day Gio."