Chapter Twenty-One

Start from the beginning

“To set the mood,” Julian replied distractedly as he opened and shut drawer after drawer in his search.

“The mood?” Marcus raised a brow before giving up on finding anything appetizing in the refrigerator and closing the door. The only thing he was interested in eating was currently upstairs singing lullabies.

“You’re the brother with all the experience, Marcus, and you don’t understand about setting the mood?” Julian demanded with amusement, standing straight with a box of white unscented candles in his hand.

Marcus flashed a toothy grin, “All I need to set a mood is me.”

“Yeah, well, this is our mate and not one of your wild, meaningless flings,” Julian shoved the candles into Marcus’s chest. “Now go light them.”

“You’re moody when you’re horny,” Marcus grumbled. “And I need a lighter.”

***

Abbey stepped out of the room her children shared and closed the door silently behind her. She simply stood in the hall for several long moments with her hands over her rolling stomach. Nerves were eating a hole straight through her.

How was she supposed to do this?

“Feel, Abbey,” she whispered to herself. “Just feel.”

Abbey had no idea where the brother’s would be and so she went to the kitchen only to find it empty. She saw a piece of paper on the island and realized it was a note for her. It was written much more neatly than the letter Marcus had given her and so Abbey knew it must have been written by Julian.

Abbey,

We don’t want to rush you so whenever you are ready you come to us. We’re waiting up in my room. We love you unconditionally, Abbey, so even if you choose to wait until another time to do this then we’ll understand.

Yours eternally

Julian

Abbey smiled as she imagined Julian’s voice in her head saying those words that were so sweet, considerate and completely him. Her smile grew when she saw Marcus’s scratchy writing down below,

P.S. He’s full of shit. Get your sexy ass up to this room and let us have you, Abbey. I swear you won’t regret it. Just feel your way right on up to us, you little minx, and put us out of our fuckin’ misery.

Abbey folded the paper and slid it on top of the refrigerator so her daughter, who was very proud of her developing reading skills wouldn’t find it, and then she headed up toward Julian’s room without a single doubt in her head.

Just feel.

Those words were all that kept repeating themselves inside Abbey’s mind as she opened the door to her future and stepped into a candlelit bedroom.

Instantly her eyes landed upon the two men who had changed everything for her. Her mates. Twin brothers, so very different and yet perfectly complimentary of one another. They stood there wearing only their jeans as the glow of the candles danced off the tanned skin of their torsos.

Abbey took a moment to simply look at them. Marcus, seven feet of solid muscle. Thick bodied and powerfully deadly with only the tattooed roses upon his shoulder and chest giving any clue to the softer nature that lived inside him. His face was covered in that dark scruffy beard and his blue eyes were full of fire as he gazed at her with a hunger that stole her breath and caused her to forget she wore no makeup, had no fancy hair do and was wearing an outfit that was far from being a negligee.