Days of Future Past

I was still bound to my chair in the news station.

Rayna and Stefan were standing nearby, trying to convince me to take Rayna's deal.

"Sun's coming up, Nicola," Rayna told me. "Make your choice."

"It's a pretty big deal, you know?" Stefan asked. "Me offering to take this scar from you? She's right about one thing, Nikki. You shouldn't be in this situation. You should be enjoying your life with Tyler, with your sister."

"Where is Sarah, by the way?" I asked.

"Damon," Stefan called.

Damon and Sarah walked out of the back.

Damon was stumbling slightly.

Sarah looked at me worriedly. "Nicola."

"Sarah?" I asked. I looked at Damon worriedly. "What's wrong with you?"

"I'm so full of werewolf toxin, I can't even feel my face," Damon answered.

"Are you guys okay?" I asked.

"I'm fine," Sarah answered. "Terrified, but fine."

"I'm gonna get you out of here," I told her. "I promise."

Sarah nodded.

"Say yes, Nicola," Rayna told me. "You can stop running. You'll get your life back."

"All it's gonna take is one transfer spell," Stefan told me. "Valerie can do the spell."

I sighed. "Okay."

Damon smiled a small smile. "Hallelujah, she's seen the light."

Stefan looked at Rayna. "Now, I'm just gonna loosen these ropes a little bit."

Rayna aimed her gun at Stefan. "Make sure she behaves."

Stefan loosened the restraints of vervain ropes around me, his hand sizzling at the touch.

"You okay?" I asked.

"Nikki, I'm better off than you are," Stefan told me. Stefan and I exchanged a significant look, nodding to each other. Stefan whispered to me so Rayna wouldn't hear. "Get Sarah and get out of here."

I broke free from the rest of the restraints, pushing Stefan across the room, into Rayna, making them both fall to the floor.

Rayna shot her gun toward Damon and Sarah.

Damon rushed toward Sarah, grabbing her, rushing her out of the way of the bullet, saving her.

The bullet hit one of the windows, making it shatter.

I grabbed my sword and the Phoenix Sword from the desk, rushing toward Sarah, grabbing her, rushing out of the news station, leaving.

        ~~~~~~~   

Flashback - 3 Years Ago

Tyler and I were getting ready to leave Lockwood mansion.

Tyler was sitting on the couch in the parlor, looking at something on his phone.

I walked closer with my packed bag.

"See?" Tyler asked. "Now I'm in St. Petersburg. Red pin, I'm in Malaysia. Red pin... oh, man. I've landed in the ocean." I chuckled, grabbing a bottle of bourbon from the liquor cabinet. "They do sell liquor elsewhere, you know. It's probably best to travel light."