18

18. The call

Five minutes passed after Louis gave Harry his number and he was nervous. What the hell was he even thinking? He wanted to hear Harry's voice, yes but he didn't feel like he was ready to speak. What if Harry didn't call at all? It doesn't take this long to call someone. He was now over thinking this, his heart was pounding, hands shaking as he stared down at his device, teeth biting into his lower lip and his head clouded with doubtful thoughts. He kept overthinking the whole situation so maybe it wasn't a good idea he gave the other his phone number. They knew each other for months and it was kind of odd that they didn't hear each others voices so Louis got curious. He wanted to hear the voice that belonged to the Harry Edward Styles. The person he has a major crush on.

Suddenly, he was pulled out of his thoughts, his ring tone blaring through the room. 'Victorious' was blaring for about thirty seconds while he stared down in horror. Why was he so scared? He knows the other almost like the back of his own damn hand. It was just a phone call, it's not like it was face to face just yet. Tilting his head back, he let out a breath and pressed the green icon, answering the call from the unknown number, pressing it to his ear and just waiting for Harry to speak.

Three minutes passed and all Louis heard was chatter in the back and continuous phone to ringing. 'He must be at work'. He thought to himself, his teeth still biting down against his lip. Why weren't they talking? Why were they just sitting there, listening to each other's breathing? It was weird but then again, the both of them were weird so you couldn't complain.

Meanwhile, this is Harry's side.

He was just sitting there, his hands shaking as he gripped the phone tight in his hand against his ear, his green eyes darting around, trying to think of something, anything, to say really to break the tension.

Finally one of them spoke up. Surprisingly, it was Louis. "Hello, Harry." His voice was quiet but the other heard him as clear as day and he was practically swooning at the high pitched yet rough voice that Louis had. He was too busy swooning, he didn't realize he didn't respond. "Harry?"

That's when he snapped out of it, sitting up quickly in his computer chair. He went to push away from the desk but one of the wheels got caught on something, causing the whole thing to tip back, his body landing on the floor with a thud.

".... Shi t." Was all Harry said before groaning, grabbing his phone that fell, placing it to his ear, only to hear Louis laughing loudly on the other end. He grinned and shook his head at that, lifting his chair and sitting down again, getting comfortable. "Something funny, twink?"

The other was soon calming down but the little giggles still left his lips then and there. 'He's such a klutz' he thought to himself, fondly. "Yeah. You're funny." He laughed a bit again before calming down, shifting on his bed, running his finger over the laptop in front of him shyly, his other hand gripping the phone at his ear. "What did you even do?" He murmured, trying to make conversation. Also he was really curious to what the hell has happened to make Harry scream like he was being murdered. He's surprised someone didn't walk in his office yet.

Harry twirled in his chair to face the window, looking out over the boring view. It was a rainy day, what's new, but he didn't complain because he loves the rain. With a hum, he turned back around and placed his earphones in his ears, plugging them into the phone so he didn't have to hold his phone up the whole time while trying to get his work done.

"I fell off of my chair." He chuckled and Louis almost choked because holy hell, his voice and his laugh was hot as hell. "How was school, baby?"