Chapter 25

Percy put on a poker face as Neptune flashed him to his palace, his nerves were all over the place but on the outside he kept a cool and collected look as he casually followed the sea god. Neither spoke a word and Percy prepared himself to fight for his life, he knew why Neptune wanted to see him and he was pretty sure it wasn't for dinner and a movie. The god walked stiffly in front of him with slumped shoulders, Percy looked around his palace in awe at the decor and the lively merman and mermaids that lived there. Neptune abruptly stopped and Percy slammed into his back, he quickly stood away from Neptune who acted as though he wasn't there or hadn't touched him. The sea god had opened the door and they were in a room, there was a king sized bed and Percy began to wonder if it was a water bed.

Neptune abruptly turned to him with a passive face,"I know you did it." He said simply in a monotone voice, Percy itched his hand towards his pocket so it was near his pen/sword Anaklumos. He kept on his poker face that he wore when he wanted out of a situation, and right now he would really like to get out of this situation.

"Look I don't know what your talking about, why did you bring me here anyway?" He asked in a slightly annoyed tone, he was having fun with his family and friends and Neptune just popped in and took him away from all of that. He didn't want to discus what he knew the sea god wanted to talk about, he shoved his hand in his pocket and griped the pen tightly, his fingers grazed the cap of the pen and prepared himself for when Neptune got angry.

"I know that you killed Jacob, I'm not okay with such behavior. He was my son, your brother." Neptune's voice cracked and Percy felt angered, Neptune spoke to him as though he was still his son, he felt no remorse for what he had done. He hated traitors more then anything and that's what his so called brother was, nothing but a filthy traitor like Atlanta. Neptune had tears in his eyes and he let out a sigh, Percy winced and looked away from the sea god, he softened once he thought of what his mother would do. Being angry wasn't the best emotion, peace flooded through him and he took his hand out of his pocket.

"Neptune, that traitor was no brother of mine. He's in punishment now, Neptune you shouldn't dwell on such a thing. He wasn't thankful for what he had, he had a father who loved him and a great home at camp Halfblood. He took it all for granted for power, he was so fortunate but he threw it away for power, wealth, fame." Percy said in a firm voice as he looked at the broken god, Neptune glared at Percy.

"He was your brother, you don't understand!" He growled and Percy narrowed his eyes, clearly the calm and gentle approach wasn't working. He shoved his hand into his pocket again and clutched his pen. Neptune was to blinded by anger and grief to realize how horrible he sounded to the son of Pluto, Percy wasn't going to sit there and let the god pity himself.

"Get this through your thick skull seaweed brain! I'm a son of Pluto, you lost your chance. Jacob was a traitor that wanted to destroy you. I do understand, my sister Atlanta betrayed us for Kronos! Your so full of yourself as though no one understands the poor sea god, I know two children of titans who are persecuted for being his kids. Your a fool, stay here and mourn for your son. I've tried to be understanding but you won't listen!" Percy snarled but froze once he saw the sea god start crying. Neptune had an emotionless mask but the tears leaking out of his eyes showed the sorrow he was truly in, he stood tall and looked Percy dead in the eye.

"Your right, I'm sorry. I've treated you like a thing when your a person, Jacob may have been a traitor but he was my son. You were my son but I never came to you I'm so sorry Percy. All of this is my fault, maybe if I was there for you you'd still be my son. If I was a better father for Jacob then he wouldn't of betrayed us. I'm sorry, I can't tell you how sorry I am." He whispered hoarsely and Percy felt torn, a part of him was still a bit mad at Neptune but a larger part of him felt compassion for the sea god. Neptune flopped on his bed and sat there staring at his hands, Percy could understand where he was coming from, he blamed himself for Bianca's death.