This is heaven. At least thirty guitars hung on the walls, each different. Some were vintage, some modern, some acoustic, some electric. All gorgeous.

"I swear your palace is going to be the death of me," I breathed. Charles chuckled next to me.

"I take it you like music?" He guessed, raising a playful eyebrow.

"Music is everything to me," I said honestly. "I may not be able to travel the world, or even the city, but music is universal. It doesn't matter where you go, or what language you speak. If you play an instrument right, your message can be spread to any audience. Music is the one thing that makes me feel connected to the rest of the world." I explained.

"I just went off again didn't I?" I mentally slapped myself upside the head. "I really need to stop doing that, it's probably quite annoying..."

"No it's not," Charles assured. "I think it's c–uh... Interesting. I think it's interesting. Yeah."

Was he about to... No, of course not.

"You can play something, if you'd like," he changed the subject quickly, noticing that I was eyeing the guitars.

"Oh, I don't want to mess up the strings or anything," I said shyly, even though I would love to play one of those guitars more than anything.

"Don't worry about that," Charles assured. "I can't play, and neither can my mother or father. It would be nice for these things to get used every once in a while."

"Wait, you don't have any siblings?" I asked, surprised. Charles shook his head.

"I'm an only child."

"Hm, must be nice," I felt a spark of jealousy.

"Actually, I've always wanted siblings."

"No you don't."

"I don't?"

"Not if your parents are anything like mine," I said bitterly. "Especially not if you're the youngest of seven kids. I love my sister, Amelia, to death. My five brothers..."

"Not so much?" Charles guessed. I nodded grudgingly.

"'Oh Levi, you look at Jeremy, he does so well in his classes!'" I mocked. "'Oh Levi, why can't you be more like your brother Geoffrey?' 'Oh Levi, put down that stupid guitar and focus on what's important! You know, I'm sure if you studied like Adam, you could make us so proud!' 'Oh Levi, when are you going to get married? All of your brothers are married, you know. When are you going to take your position as Prince of Author seriously and start following their examples?'"

My hands were balled into fists by the time I had finished. I don't know why I'm telling Charles everything; it's as if the words just flow out of me when I'm with him.

"Levi," he said softly, placing a strong hand on my shoulder. "I'm sorry, I know it must be hard to feel like you're in someone's shadow. But from what I've seen of you today, I can already tell that you're more important than you or anybody else gives you credit for."

I looked at him strangely. "You've only just met me," I said quietly.

"I know. That's what makes it so incredible."