Chapter 1

Yang Meng jumped onto Bai Luo Yin's back and wrapped his arms around his neck. Bai Luo Yin grinned and hefted his friend higher and more securely onto his back. Yang Meng smiled at the friendly gesture and wrapped his legs around Bai Luo Yin's waist.

"Yin Zi! I haven't seen you for ages!" Yang Meng complained.

Bai Luo Yin laughed. "You saw me this morning – we walked to school together you idiot," he told him affectionately. Yang Meng mock glared at him. "How rude! You're so mean to me Yin Zi! When have I ever said such horrible things to you?"

Bai Luo Yin just hoisted him up further and began to walk back into the school building. Yang Meng gave him a little kick and at Bai Luo Yin's questioning look he grinned. "You're my horse," he told him mock-seriously. "Oh, am I?" Bai Luo Yin asked with an amused smirk. Yang Meng nodded earnestly. "Yep, and me kicking you means you need to go faster – you're so slow!"

Bai Luo Yin snorted and walked slower than before, just to annoy his shorter friend. He was rewarded with a sharp kick to his thigh.

"Hurry up! We'll be late otherwise!" Yang Meng giggled.

Bai Luo Yin stopped dead in his tracks and just as Yang Meng started fidgeting in discomfort, he began to spin quickly on the spot. Yang Meng shrieked and clung to Bai Luo Yin like a lifeline.

"Stop! Stop, stop, stop! Yin Zi! I'm gonna fall off!" he yelled through his laughter. Bai Luo Yin laughed with him and continued to spin.

Their fun was halted by a shout from the hallway beside them.

"Hey! What're you doing?"

Bai Luo Yin turned towards the voice and stood there was a furious looking Gu Hai and beside him an unreadable You Qi.

Bai Luo Yin laughed awkwardly while Yang Meng slid gracelessly off his back to stand next to him. They glanced at each other before turning back to Gu Hai and You Qi, both of whom were now approaching them.

Gu Hai stood before Bai Luo Yin. "What's going on here, hmm? Well, one of you talk!" he demanded and suddenly turned his glare on Yang Meng.

Yang Meng averted his gaze and looked at the floor. "We were just playing," he told him. Gu Hai scoffed. "Playing?"

Yang Meng and Bai Luo Yin nodded.

"Well, don't. Not ever again, alright? Do you understand? No more 'playing,'" Gu Hai instructed them and grabbed Bai Luo Yin's wrist. He tugged expectantly on it. "Come on, we're going to be late for class." He pulled Bai Luo Yin behind him as he made his way towards the 27th classroom.

Yang Meng watched them go and didn't fail to notice how Bai Luo Yin slipped his hand in Gu Hai's and whispered something in his ear. The two turned the corner and are then out of sight.

Yang Meng startled when he heard a deliberate cough right next to his ear. He turned towards the sound and was surprised to see You Qi still stood there, his face still unreadable and uncharacteristically blank, void of emotion.

"Uh," Yang Meng awkwardly started. "Didn't you hear? Class is about to start." Yang Meng cautiously began walking in the direction of his classroom but was held back by a hand around his wrist. He turned and looked at You Qi confusedly.

"What're you doing?" he asked.

"What were you and Bai Luo Yin doing?" You Qi asked without emotion.

Yang Meng frowned. "We already told you, we were playing."

Yang Meng's back suddenly hit a wall. You Qi had pushed him. Yang Meng looked at him outraged. "What the hell? Why'd you-" he was cut off by You Qi unexpectedly pressing into his small frame with his own larger one.

"W-what are you doing?" Yang Meng faltered.

"Don't do that," You Qi said.

Yang Meng fixed his gaze on him in confusion. "Do what?" he asked.

You Qi sucked in a deep breath and met Yang Meng's eyes. "Don't be so familiar with Bai Luo Yin. Don't touch him that intimately."

Yang Meng suddenly scowled at him in irritation. "Look, I don't care that you have some kind of crush on Yin Zi but he's my best friend and we're allowed to do whatever-"

"I don't."

Yang Meng stopped. "Don't what?" he questioned.

"I don't have a crush on Bai Luo Yin."

Yang Meng scoffed. "Yeah, alright. And I don't-"

He was once again cut off by You Qi. But not with words.

You Qi pressed their lips together and Yang Meng squeaked in surprise. The taller boy deepened the kiss by forcing the others lips apart with his tongue. Yang Meng wasn't sure what to do so he remained unresponsive. That was until You Qi ran his hands through his hair and gently pulled, tilting the other boys head to get a better angle.

Yang Meng began to kiss back and unintentionally let out a quiet moan when You Qi stroked down his arm and guided his hand to rest on the curve of his behind before resting his own on the shorter's waist. Yang Meng independently brought his other hand up to rest on the side of You Qi's face.

So there they were; You Qi's hands in Yang Meng's hair and on his waist, with Yang Meng's own hands resting on You Qi's butt and cheek, locked in a passionate kiss.

Only when the need for oxygen became unbearable did they separate. Neither one of them removed their hands but they were both breathing heavily, watching each other for reactions.

You Qi gave him a small smile and repeated his earlier statement. "I don't have a crush on Bai Luo Yin."

Yang Meng just nodded dazedly. "Ok," he said. He glanced around the hallway then up at the clock on the wall. His eyes widened. "Shit! We're really late for class!" he exclaimed. You Qi didn't seem bothered by this information.

"Oh, well I guess there's no point in going there now – we'll just get scolded. But, I think there's something else we could do for the next hour," You Qi smirked at him.

Yang Meng, feeling a little slow, tilted his head slightly. "What?" he asked, genuinely curious. You Qi continued to smirk at him and slowly leaned forward. "Oh, I was thinking something like this," he said and reconnected their lips.

Yang Meng agreed that this was a better way to spend their time.

A much better way.