Dangerous Friendship

It all began on a warm, delightful day of summer.

The sun was just going down.

I had just returned from my summer in Italy to my cozy home in California. I had spent so much time in Italy without my friends; I couldn’t wait to see them again.

As soon as I got home, I dialed my best friend, Juliette’s number.

“Hello?” Mrs. Montgomery said, picking up the phone.

“Hey, Mrs. Montgomery. Is Juliette there?” I asked.

“Oh, hello Rebecca! No, Juliette isn’t here, she’s on a date with Stefan.”

            What the…? Stefan? Juliette was on date with Stefan? How dare she!

            “Okay, thanks. Do you know when she’ll return?” I asked, trying to hide my fury.

            “You can try calling her in about two hours. See if she’s here.”

            “Thanks Mrs. Montgomery, goodbye.” I said, slamming the phone shut.

            I resisted the urge not to smash the thing into pieces. Unbelievable.

I thought she was my best friend. I trusted her with all my secrets. And this is what I get in return? Incredible. She knew how I felt about Stefan and she still went for him. Even though we broke up a while ago, it doesn’t mean I’m over him. And it certainly doesn’t mean she has the right to steal him away from me.

            I searched my brain for ideas. I would not let this go on.

I grabbed the phone again and dialed Sean’s number.

            “Yeah?” Sean asked. I could hear racecars in the background, which probably meant he was playing some video game.

            “Sean. I need to talk to you. It’s an emergency. Meet me at the park right now!” I ordered.

            “Rebecca? You’re back? Hi… okay.” He answered, trying to keep up.

            I hung up the phone and threw it behind me, then got in my gorgeous Porsche Carrera GT, feeling it roar to life beneath me, and drove to the park as fast as I could.

            Arriving at the park, I parked my baby and searched for Sean. He was leaning against a willow tree. It was our tree. Ever since we were children, we escaped everything by meeting there and watching the sunset. Coincidentally, the sun was setting. It was a sight to behold. The sky was covered with splashes of random colors of pinks, oranges, and reds. The sun looked like it was whispering goodbye to the world as is sunk lower.

            “Rebecca.” Sean muttered.

            “I go away all summer and don’t even get a hello?”

            “What do you want?” He snapped.

            “I need you.”

            “Why?”

            “Juliette is dating Stefan.”

            “What?” I could tell he was mad now. He had always had a crush on Juliette.

            “I need your help. We are going to break them up.” I said, a mischievous smile creeping up my face.

            “How do you plan on doing that?”

            ‘’We need to make Stefan believe that Juliette is a slut.’’

‘’How are we going to do that? No one will believe it.’’

‘’Well, that’s where you come in… We’ll discuss this tomorrow, I need to unpack.’’

“Fine.’’

            “I’m going to throw an epic pool party at my house this weekend. I’m going to invite a couple of people, including Juliette and Stefan. That’s were we are going to break them up.”

            Sean smirked. I loved his evil ways. Even though I hated him as a person and friend, I could always count on him to help me on an evil plan. “Ok, I’m in.”

            At that, I smiled. I felt a lot better than I had earlier. Juliette was going to pay.

            “I’ll text you the details about the party tomorrow.” I said, already heading towards my car.

            “Okay, I’ll be there.” He confirmed, trying to catch up with me.

            “You better be.”

            I had a good feeling about this plan. Things were going to be great. I would get my revenge on Juliette, and Stefan and I would get back together. You’d think that after being best friends for nine years she’d know better than to mess with me.

            I smiled to myself. Stefan was going to be mine again.