Chapter 77: Midnight Thoughts

Start from the beginning

We didn't even talk all that much about the c-section tomorrow, other than a few details, such as the time and stuff like that.

I didn't want to talk about it, because talking and thinking about it makes me even more nervous.

After a couple hours, the guys all came back to the apartment, and Patrick seemed significantly less tense, which was good.

Getting out with some other guys definitely helped him.

When the guys returned, all of our guests left the apartment, and we said our goodbyes until tomorrow, when there will be two more little ones in the family.

My c-section is at 7:00 in the morning, and Pat and I need to be at the hospital by 5:00 AM.

This means that we have to leave here by 4:30 AM.

My mom, as well as Donna wanted to come with Pat and I just for extra support, and as much as I appreciate their offer, I declined.

I don't want any of my family members there, until after the twins are born.

I don't even know why. I suppose it's because I want the entire experience to be shared between just Patrick and I.

Both Donna and my mom understood, so they will be visiting the hospital with the rest of our families after the twins are born.

After both of our families left the apartment, I called Chaunette and talked to her for a couple hours, while Patrick played video games on the Xbox.

We both needed some downtime, and it was really nice talking to Chaunette about other things, rather than just the delivery of the twins.

Although, we did talk about that too.

The NHL 2017-2018 regular season is approaching fast.

The pre-season, starts in about a week.

Patrick has already gone back to training camp, and the Blackhawks have been having practices for the past two weeks, so things have gotten pretty busy.

Thankfully, the Hawks have these next four or five days off, which worked out perfectly with the timing of the c-section.

I've seen Dr. Nolan twice in the past two weeks, simply for her to check to see if the twins are still doing well, and if there are any other conditions that Dr. Thomas, my obstetrician, needs to know about for the delivery.

After a couple hours of talking with Chaun, Pat and I made dinner, he ate, I found out that we didn't have any ice cream, and then Patrick ran out to go get it, which leads us to where we are now.

We're watching The Big Bang Theory together on the couch in the TV room.

I take my next spoonful of ice cream, and close my eyes as it melts in my mouth.

It's delicious, and it really hits the spot as to what I've been craving.

"Thank-you, Patrick, I don't know what I would do without you. This is delicious." I laugh, as I swallow.

He rests his hand on my thigh, smiling at me from the spot beside me on the couch.

"I don't know what you would do without me, either." He smirks, running a hand through his curls.

I laugh, and cuddle in closer to Pat, resting my head in the nook of his shoulder.

I can smell his cologne, and his arm around me is protective and safe.

"You know," Pat says, his voice deep and comforting.

"What's up?" I ask, swallowing another spoonful of ice cream.