Chapter 16

~ CAITLIN'S POV ~

"Do you want sauce with them?" Harry asks, holding up a packet of tomato sauce.

"Yes please." I watch as he rips the packet open and pours the thick liquid over the container of hot chips. He picks one up and holds it up to my mouth as I take it from his grasp with my teeth. "Mmm," I moan in response.

The weather is pretty decent today, apart from the fact that the wind is a little chilly and the sun is only partly out, but we all decided to come to the little hidden beach we found a year ago. No one really comes here, and we've never been spotted, it's like our secret little spot. Louis and Danielle have gone for walk along the beach, and I can see them returning in the distance, huddled together.

I sit up on the blanket while Harry is stretched out on his side, leaning up on his elbow facing me. His hair falls nicely around his face, reaching down past his shoulders in silky waves.

"Your hair is so god damn long," I laugh, running my fingers through his soft curls.

"Maybe I'll grow it down to my waist in dreadlocks." He suggests with a raised eyebrow and a sly smirk.

"I'm leaving you if you do." I warn him, watching his face fall into a frown as I smile.

"You're a horrible person." He claims, pouting up at me.

"Aw Hun, too bad for you." I muse, tapping his nose as I lean forward and kiss him on his out turned lip. "You love me." I smile cheekily.

"Hmm," he replies with a frown, "let me think about it." I roll my eyes playfully as he smiles up at me.

"I was thinking of getting my hair cut in a few months maybe," he confesses, returning back to the previous topic. He ruffles a hand through his hair and pushes it to one side like he usually does.

"You haven't had it short for ages." I point out.

"Yeah 2011 I think." He informs me and I widen my eyes. "Why not change it at five years?" He suggests.

We both eat at the chips until they're nearly almost gone, and I take a sip from the cold bottle of water. The touch is cold to my skin, only increasing the amount of goosebumps that have grown on my arms and legs.

"It's getting cold." I state, wiping my partially wet hands on the back of my denim pants.

"Come here," he says, patting the spot next to him on the blanket. I shuffle down and lay my my back on the floor, leaning up against Harry as he wraps his arm around me. I lay my head on his shoulder and he leaves a warm kiss on my forehead, making me smile. "Is that better?"

I can feel the warmth radiating off of him, eliminating the effect of the cold wind on my skin. "Definitely."

I run my fingers up and down his stomach, across his shirt, and rest my hand where it meets the band of his trackies, showing off a little skin. He jumps slightly at the touch.

"Your fingers are freezing babe," he stresses, meeting my fingers with his as he wraps his oversized hand completely around mine.

I snuggle my head into his neck and let his scent fill my nostrils, a strange but amazing mixture of pine and something sweet, like peppermint or berries.