Chapter 4

*1 week later*

~ CAITLIN'S POV ~

"Guys, where the hell are we?" Perrie asks, looking ahead at the darkness that follows, as if we're walking into the pit of nothingness.

"I have no idea, but I'm not going back there." Danielle gestures to where we came from. A loud bang suddenly sounds and we all turn to see a squirrel racing down the street away from us.

"I'm not going down there." I state, folding my arms across my chest as I continuously dart my eyes around looking for another way we could possibly go.

"There's light down there, pass the pitch black, it'll be fine." Danielle tells me, not helping the fact that I don't want to walk down there.

"No, I don't care if there's light at the end, I'm not walking through.... That." I gesture to the dark patch they insist is 'safe.' "You can literally not see anything for at least two hundred metres, I'm going back this way." I turn on my heel as Perrie calls out to stop me.

"Caitlin! No, we can't go back that way, they'll easily find us." She grabs my arm to stop me from taking another step. I weigh the options in my head. I look between Perrie and Danielle, and can feel my anxiety start to kick in.

I sit down on the side of the street, not caring about whatever lump I just sat on. I start to stress sweat as I consider our surroundings and suddenly everything seems so big. The tall buildings which we stand in between, the bin filled with a million plastic rubbish bags, the street lights behind us. I feel like I can't breathe as the voices around me fade out.

*4 hours earlier*

"Hey babe, what's up?" I hear his voice through the phone making me smile. It's the first time we've called since the day he left, we've just been texting basically. They've been busy almost non-stop since the moment they arrived in LA.

"Just laying outside in the sun hoping I won't get sunburnt." I tell him.

"You got sunscreen on?"

"Yes, Harry." I chuckle to myself at his need to try and protect me even when he's not here.

"I'm just making sure." He defends. "Maybe you should re-apply now." He advises and I can hear the sarcasm in his voice.

"What are you up to now?" I ask, playing with the frill of my bikini bottoms.

"About to go to an interview, but I've got a couple minutes."

"Why do I get the feeling you're smirking right now?"

"Because I am?" He answers cheekily, and I can't help but smirk myself. "What are you wearing right now?" His voice is laced with seductiveness, causing me to break out in laughter.

"Are you being serious right now?" I ask in disbelief.

"It's only been a week and just the thought of not being able to fuck you for two months is driving me crazy."

"Harry!" I exclaim, not expecting him to say that, although it's killing me too, but I'm not going to admit that right now.

"Knowing I can't see you, touch you, feel you-"

"Harry!" I squeal, feeling uncomfortable with Dani and Perrie in the pool within hearing distance. "I am not doing this right now no matter how much I want to." I half whisper into the phone, staring at the girls as they look back at me. I smile at them as Harry begins to talk again.