Chapter 1

Can life be easy? Yes.
When is it easy? Hardly.
I struggled to open my eyes. The world was blurry, hazy at the edges. It's signs were messed up and it's words a foreign language.
All I could do was make out the colour of the walls and ceiling-red and white.
Red and white??
They don't go together, I learnt that in art. I learnt that it will only be an accident if white and red were mixed. (In Army School.)
Accident.
Red.
White.
Words jumbled around in my head as my heart beat faster. My eyes darted around the room.
Nothing.
My head started pounding.
Or was it my heartbeat.
Wait.
What heartbeat?
Accident. Red. White. Seconds past till I realised what it meant.
Blood.
Yells made their way to my ears.
"Stop. Stop. Intruders."
Regaining my strength I sat up, only to leave me gasping for air.
I looked around and didn't see a door or windows.
I looked down at myself. I looked perfectly fine in my jeans and tank top.
Crashes and piercing screams drifted through the walls and I strangely heard a body hit the floor with a soft thud.
Wait.
I shouldn't be able to hear that from here.
I shouldn't be hearing anything except their frantic yells and pleas.
Wait.
Where was I?
I felt foolish that I hadn't thought about that before.
I shook my head, tears dripping wet down my face. I desperately tried to stop but I couldn't, where was my brothers that I lived with?
How did I get here?
I couldn't remember a thing except one, small hint.
The moons light filled our back garden, sending eery shadows where they weren't meant to be.
My eyes spotted a certain shadow. It was different.
I shook my head. I had a feeling the shadow had brought me here.
I also had a feeling my life was going to change forever.
Tell me about it, even I don't know where we are. The voice that I had been mistaking for my conscience all my life remarked. Don't act so surprised. I am totally not conscience.
Who are you? I asked really confused.
I am your Wolf, Tala.