What Happened After

A/N: I finally got around to it. I'm making an oneshot book. So, leave a request in the comments with which ship and a plot line. Smut is welcome. I might not be good. Anyway, Malec above with Lament for Thorin by Eurelle above.

---

"Has anyone seen Alec?" Jace asked the group of people all huddled in the Penhallow house hold.

"Not since..." Izzy trailed.

"I'm going to call Magnus. He's been through a lot. He needs someone." Jace mumbled, standing up and pulling out his phone. He stepped outside into the morning air.

"Hello, this is Magnus Bane. I'm currently not in-"

"Magnus, check the caller ID before you answer." Jace interrupted.

"I was hoping it wasn't you. What can I do for you?" Magnus sighed.

"You haven't happened to have seen Alec, have you? He never returned last night after what happened in the Hall of Accords."

"Alexander? No. I thought he was with you."

"Damn it. No. He's not here."

"Then where is he?"

Jace could hear how panicked Magnus was getting. "I don't know. Just, get over here. Penhallow House."

"Jace. The war is over and your wards are back up. I'm hanging around outside as the Consul wished to speak with me before I departed." Magnus said.

"Oh. Yeah... Right... North gate?"

"That's the one."

"I'll come and find you then."

*~+~*

Once Jace hung up the phone, Magnus instantly rung Alec. The tone chimed a fair few times before the answer phone cropped up. "This is Alec's phone. Sorry I couldn't answer, I must be busy doing something and I left my phone behind. Please leave a message and I'll call you when I get back. Thank you." Beeeeep!

"Alexander, it's Magnus. Please call me. Jace has me worried about you." Magnus spoke down the phone before hanging it up. He waited a few more minutes before the blond hair exited the gates.

"I've tried calling him. He won't answer." Jace said immediately.

"Neither for me. Do you have something of his, we could attempt a track."

"He'll have the block rune on. We're going to have to do this the hard way. Can you scour the perimeter and the forest to the west? I'll search inside Idris."

"He could be anywhere. It could take us days."

"Well we'd best get started, then."

Without another word, Jace disappeared back into Idris. Magnus sighed, rolled his eyes and started making his way around the edge of the Glass City.

*~+~*

Three hours, twenty-seven phone calls, five rounds of the perimeter and one scour along the edge of the forest later, Magnus had still not found Alec. He was panicking. His darling was missing. Before Magnus decided to go into the forest, he pulled out his phone and attempted the twenty-eighth phone call to Alec. "Come on. Please pick up. Pick up."

"H... Hello?" a voice replied. It was quiet and broken. Hoarse. But unmistakenly Alec's.

"Oh Alexander! Thank the devil! Are you alright? Where are you?" Magnus bombarded.

"I... I don't know..." Alec replied. Magnus's heart sank in fear.

"Can you remove your block rune for me so I can track you?" he requested.