Chapter 22

Niall's POV

I should've known that once Arie and I broke up, Harry would be the first to jump to fix her broken heart. Harry hasn't talked to me since this morning. I don't like the awkwardness floating around in the air. Arie won't look at me and I don't expect her to for a while. Finally a raspy voice spoke up.

"Niall, can I get my things out of your room and move them to Harry's?" I shouldn't be affected by such a simple question. But I am, those words cut like a knife. I nodded and Arie and Harry walked off to my room, his arm around her waist. Jealously came over me and I sighed.

"So, lad. Why'd you do it?" Louis said with a little bit of anger in his voice.

"Yeah, Niall. Why'd you have to go and hurt my best friend? The greatest girl you'd probably ever get. One who loved you with every fiber of her being." Hazellynn chimed in. I doubt I was ever going to live this down. I scratched the back of my head and looked at the ground.

"Look, I didn't want to hurt Arie, I really wasn't planning on it. But when Ellie and I saw each other at the carnival all of my feelings came back for her. She was the girl of my dreams. We talked about 2 weeks before I met Ariella. The flame was still there but not as strong since I haven't seen her in a long time. I guess I was just trying to move on and forget about my feelings for Ellie. So that's why I dated Arie. I loved her, I did. I swear I did." I said sincerely. "But seeing Ellie changed everything. She's the one I want to be with." I saw Hazellynn's fists clench and next thing I know pain is shooting through my face.

"That's what you deserve for using my best friend." She hissed. I guess I had that coming. I brought my hand up to my lip and sure enough there was blood.

Ariella's POV

Harry and I walked into Niall's room and gathered my things. I helped Harry carry the stuff into his room and he danced around. I giggled as he did so then he picked me up bridal style and spun around. We laughed and then he sat me down. I walked out of his room and as I made it to the living room, I saw Hazel's fist come in contact with Niall's face.

"That's what you deserve for using my best friend." She hissed. Niall brought his hand up to his face. He was bleeding. I walked over to him and grabbed his arm pulling him into the kitchen. I pointed at the counter and he sat on it without a word. I grabbed a wet towel and gently wiped his face. Everyone peeked into the kitchen but didn't say anything.

"Arie, I'm sorry. Will you ever forgive me?" Niall spoke as I rinsed the towel of his blood. I stayed silent and then washed my hands. He grabbed my arm and pulled me in front of him. "Arie..?" I looked away but he turned my chin back. He kissed my cheek lightly and I wiped it afterwards. "Damn Ariella, are you seriously going to be immature about this whole thing? It's not my fault Ellie is better than you in every way possible and I wanted her! I've always wanted her, since I was little!" He practically yelled. My lip began to quiver and tears raced down my cheeks. "Ah shit. Arie, I didn't mean it like that." I ripped my arm out of his grip and ran out of the kitchen. I ran to Hazel and she engulfed me in a hug. I cried and she took me to her and Louis' room. I'm sure the boys are going to have a few choice words for Niall.

Harry's POV

That's fucking it! Niall can't talk to Arie like that! She's better than Ellie on so many levels. She's gorgeous, sweet, kind, funny, loving, forgiving, understanding, she's amazing. The boys and I all walked into the kitchen. Disappointment present on our faces. Niall looked at us with a guilty look.

"Really, Niall? We thought you were better than that!" Zayn shouted.

"You had absolutely no right to say that to Arie!" Liam added in. I just glared at Niall. He knew it, that's why he wouldn't look at me.

"You're shallow Niall, real shallow." Louis said as he shook his head.

"Look, can you guys get the hell over it! You can't keep bitching about something that was bound to happen anyway!" Niall retaliated to the comments.

"So what, you were just going to cheat on Arie when you found something "better." I sneered. Niall shrugged his shoulders and Louis grabbed my arm to keep me from charging at Niall. I know exactly how to get him back and everyone is going to help me.

Hazellynn's POV

Arie and I sat on the bed and she cried. I became more furious at Niall the more she cried. But I kept my cool. I'm sure I'd hurt him so bad he'd need to be hospitalized. Arie and I sat there in silence before we heard whispers. We figured it was just the guys. So I got up and opened the bedroom door. Nobody was out there. I heard shouting from the kitchen so it couldn't have been the boys. I left the door open and sat beside Arie again. We heard the whispers once more and we both quickly stood up and made our way to the door. It slammed in our faces and we looked at each other wide eyed. She reached for the doorknob and it wouldn't open. We began to freak out but didn't say a word. Next thing I know I'm being dragged across the floor by my hair. I let out a whimper and felt the tears down my face. Arie ran over to me but stopped about halfway there. What was going on?

Ariella's POV

We stood at the door freaking out. Then all of a sudden Hazel is being dragged across the floor by her hair. I ran over to her but bumped into something about halfway there. There wasn't a visible object in front of me but I knew something was there. Hazel was now crying and I tried to get to her but I couldn't. I felt something gripping my wrist tightly. I cried out in pain as the grip tightened. I felt an object come in contact with my head and then I blacked out.

Hazellynn's POV

Ariella fell to the ground and wasn't moving. I crawled over to her and tried to get her to wake up. I stood up slowly and felt a strong force hit me in my stomach sending me flying back and hitting the wall. I fell to the ground and screamed out in agonizing pain. I kept screaming until everything went dark.

Louis' POV

We heard the girls screaming and all rushed out of the kitchen. By the time we got to my room the girls were silent. We pounded on the door and tried to open it. I slammed my body against the door several times before it opened. There on the floor lie Ariella and Hazel. I ran over to Hazel and picked her up in my arms. I sat on the bed with her and tried to get her to open her eyes. Harry shook Arie lightly but she wouldn't move either. We all sat in my room, waiting for both girls to wake up. Maybe then, we can get some answers. Until then, we're clueless.

**********************************************************************

Authors Note:

What did you think of Hazel punching Niall? How would you react if Niall told you another girl was better than you? I got emotional writing that part. Hmm more ghostly things. Interesting. Hope you all liked this chapter.

~Britneyyyyyy(: