Chapter Three

Rose's Pov

As we were walking down a long corridor we passed many doors that looked much too small for a dragon his size. I also really wanted to know if we were going anywhere bad. With my curiosity getting the best of me, I hesitantly asked, "Why are the doors so small? And where are we going?"

My questions seemed to snap him out of a trance of some sort and he slightly shook his head. "The doors are small because it's easier that way and I'm taking you to my office. I'll explain everything once we get there. Until then keep your mouth shut." He said firmly. I stayed quiet the rest of the walk.

Once we did get to what I presumed was his office. He roared, not exactly loud, but not quiet either. A woman wearing a maid outfit came out of no where and set a pair of clothes in front of him. She then scurried off as the sound of snapping and cracking filled my ears. My eyes went wide as saucers as the dragon king started getting smaller and changing form. Once I guessed it was over, a human guy stood where the giant dragon once was. I gaped at him with my mouth opening and closing a couple times. He was the very definition of perfection. With a face that seemed to be carved by the gods themselves and a body that rivaled anyone that was remotely hot (and sexy might I add) in the entire world. His hair was a chocolate brown that was fluffy as well as soft looking. My eyes practically raked his body. Until I realized something... He was naked. When that thought settled in I quickly covered my eyes and turned around. I heard some shuffling before his gruff voice said, "You can turn around now." I slowly did so and peaked my eyes open before opening them fully. He had on a pair of dark blue skinny jeans and a black v-neck. "After you." He quietly said after opening the door for me.

I quickly stepped inside and took a seat in front of the large, old-fashioned desk. Bookshelves lined the walls on either side of me. The now human king stepped around and sat in front of me in a dark brown, desk chair. It had a large back part with intricate designs lining the edges and plush cushioning. He then slowly placed his elbows and forearms on the desk while gradually leaning towards me.

"So... What's a human like you, doing in the dragon realm?" He asked in a completely serious tone.

I leaned back a bit and, with hesitance, replied, "I didn't mean to come here... I fell in a pond of sorts and it ended up being a portal I guess..." I shrugged unsure and lightly nibbled on my lower lip, a nervous tick of mine. He looked at me curiously and rubbed his chin in thought. "So you just happened to stumble upon the dragon realm?" He questioned sarcastically. I nodded my head with full seriousness. He leaned back looking away while closing his eyes and scrunching up his nose. I started to get antsy as I bounced my leg up and down, while picking at my nails. Before I could stop myself I blurted out the question that's been tugging at my mind since he captured me.

"What happened to Vertigo? Is he going to be okay?" I quickly covered my mouth with wide eyes. I really hadn't meant to say it out loud, but I was just so worried about him. The king's expression changed from one of thoughtfulness to pure rage.

He stood up so fast his chair fell back causing me to flinch and curl up in fear. I buried my face between my knees while placing my arms over my head to protect it from any harm. I heard him step closer and a small whimper escaped me.

I heard a loud sigh escape him and some shuffling afterwards. I peaked out to see him picking the chair up slowly then sitting down on it. He had both of his hands covering his face entirely. I slowly uncurled my self but kept my head turned down.

"I didn't do anything to him. He's completely fine and still in his cave. You have no reason to concern yourself with him anymore." He said curtly while straightening some papers out, then setting them down in front of him.

I nodded and quietly mumbled, "Thank you for telling me." He replied with a curt, " You're welcome, " before slowly running his temples with a scrunched up face.

Suddenly there was a loud and swift knocking before a man in a guards uniform burst in. "Your highness! She's here." The unknown man spoke with a tone laced in fear.

"Are you sure?" The king spoke with so many emotions swirling around in his eyes that I just couldn't pin point one. The guard nodded firmly before exiting the office. "What does he mean 'she's here'? Who is she?" I inquired exasperated. He seemed to almost growl at the mere thought of her. "My mother." He grumbled under his breath as he stood up and straightened out his clothes. "Take my hand." I looked at him confused before slowly placing my hand in his large one. Suddenly the entire world went black before our surroundings had changed. " W-woah... What just-... What just happened?" I looked up at him in confusion and wonder.

This caused him to smile a slight bit. It made my heart flutter to see that. "We just teleported. Turning into a dragon isn't the only special ability I have." I could feel my eyes go wide in amazement. "Wow. What else can you do?" I asked as my curiously deepened. His smile widened a bit more and I felt butterflies erupt in my stomach.

"Well, I can-" he was interrupted by a stern, almost commanding voice. "Draquonis!" She shouted as I heard thunderous footsteps approach.

(Little author's note: Draquonis is pronounced Dra like dragon, quon like cone and is like the end of the work kiss)