Chapter 2: Gone wrong

The very next morning, Genos woke up earlier than Saitama. (As per usual) Genos turned his head and looked at Saitama still sleeping, and snoring away peacefully, with a few twitches here and there. Genos blinked once and twice before recalling what had happened last night just before he feel asleep. The recalling of Saitama thanking him for Genos enjoying the food. Genos smiled warmly at the memory. He was glad at how his sensei was starting to gain emotion more nowadays. It was nice to see Saitama to start enjoy stuff more and more even if the process of doing so was slow-progressed.

Genos decided to start making breakfast. He rolled up his futon and went to the kitchen. Opening the fridge he peered inside. All there was, was some eggs, ham, and some dilled lettuce. Genos sighed, knowing he would have to tell Saitama that they would need to go grocery shopping again. They did have coupons but at times some stores, or maybe all stores didn't have any sales going on. Genos shook his head and got the eggs and ham. Closing the fridge door, and turning towards the stove Genos started to prepare breakfast. The sound of sizzling ham and egg echoed throughout the apartment. And the chirping of the birds and rustling leaves in the early morning relaxed Genos as he cooked. Genos enjoyed the calmness since moments like these didn't come often especially with all the monsters.

After a few moments Saitama woke up to the sound of Genos cooking. Saitama sat up quietly deciding to do something mischievous. Smirking, Saitama crawled towards the kitchen and peeked at Genos. It seemed that Genos's sensors were down since he didn't seem to notice Saitama or even sense a change in the apartment. Genos's back was turned away from Saitama who snuck up to Genos closer with a grin on his face, but Saitama didn't notice the stray towel in the middle of the kitchen floor and Genos was done cooking.

Saitama charged and Genos turned around. Genos took a few steps forward before realizing what was happening and he froze, Saitama then slipped on the towel, and fell forward. Saitama and Genos closed their eyes awaiting the impact. Smashing into Genos! Saitama slowly opened his eyes and realized he not only smashed into Genos but also accidentally kissing him. Saitama's eyes widened and before he could pull away, Genos realized what was happening and pushed Saitama away. The two looked at each other processing the moment that just happened. "Sensei...?"

Saitama turned red and rushed out of the kitchen, leaving Genos in the kitchen. "Damn it. I didn't want my prank to end up like that." Saitama mumbled to himself, his heart pounding, his face burning. Sitting down, he grabbed his futon and wrapped it around himself. Saitama felt bad that he did that especially since Genos was probably thinking of him differently. And probably not in a good way.

Back in the kitchen Genos stood there thinking. His senses were going haywire and Genos brought up his hand slowly and touched his lips. Surprisingly Genos wasn't feeling any negative emotions about the kiss. But he wasn't sure what to feel about it. "Sensei?" He called out. Sighing he got the food, the dishware, and headed to where Saitama was. Seeing his sensei bundled up, he didn't know how to address the situation. Placing the food and dishware on the table he looked at Saitama.

"Sensei. Breakfast is ready." Genos waited for Saitama to turn around and shuffle to the table before Genos could start eating. They ate but it was an awkward meal between them. Saitama ate with the futon around him and Genos wasn't able to see Saitama's face. Saitama couldn't tell what Genos was thinking, and decided to not speak to Genos about this.

After they finished eating Genos took everything and went back to the kitchen to do the dishes. Saitama just turned on the television to distract himself but it didn't help. Genos tried distracting himself especially with all the thoughts going on his head. Genos shook his head and just finished up washing the dishes.

When Genos finished washing the dishes he was about to head out of the kitchen before he got a call. Answering the call Genos said "Hello? Genos is speaking here." It was the Hero Associaton calling him to deal with some monsters throughout different cities. Genos nodded and told them he would get to it. "It's probably best if I get out of the apartment...me and sensei might need some space especially what happened earlier." Touching his lips again Genos thought about his lips against Saitama's.

Realizing what he was thinking about he shook his head furiously and headed off out the apartment. Opening the door Genos was about to exit the apartment until Saitama spoke out. "You heading out to deal with some monsters, Genos?" Genos responded "Yes sensei, I'll be careful." "Okay..." Saitama answered back. Genos then exited the apartment and headed off to the other cities.

When Saitama was sure Genos or anyone wasn't around in this area, Saitama took a deep breath in and screamed loudly. After screaming for a few moments and raging about the prank, Saitama calmed down and started to decide what he should do for the rest of the day.

A.N: Hey hey! Finally updated this fanfiction! It's been such a long time since I've updated this, I'm glad I could get to it now. I hoped you guys enjoyed this chapter and thank you for your time! I'll be sure to try to update the next chapter soon. Also am I going too fast? There's already a kiss in chapter 2!