Peter Petrelli

**Little thanks to JustALittleTrekkie for the idea while we were having a conversation.**

Having a dog and being pregnant is not a fun thing at all. They always snuggled with you, they always stole your food, and sometimes they tried to bite at your swollen belly.

You were laying in bed one night, home alone with the dog since your husband, Peter, wasn't home yet. You had a bowl of ice cream resting on your huge stomach. The tv was on to a favorite show, your dog laying obediently on the other side of the bed, Peter's side.

The show was good, the ice cream was delicious and half gone when the dog decided to take the rest. One second, the bowl was gently resting on your stomach. The next, it was on the floor and the dog had jumped over you, accidentally scratching the surface of your stomach to go lick up the sweet ice cream.

"Ow!" You exclaimed, shocked by the sudden kick of your baby as it sense disturbance and stress. The dog continued to happily lick ice cream as you struggled to get out of bed.

Once you finally did, you stared at the ice cream and began to cry. It was so good and the only one you had left. Cravings had been bad, so you wanted to fulfill them. Unable to get anymore ice cream, you eased into a chair and cried over the tragic loss.

Peter came home, his first sight being a sleeping dog and his pregnant wife crying. "Woah are you okay what happened?" He instantly asked, everything in his hands being set on the counter as he rushed over.

"The dog ate my ice cream..." You pout, running your hand gently over your stomach. Peter laughed to himself before holding your hand over the spot where your babies head was.

"Was she craving ice cream?" Peter asked referring to the baby. You laughed a little, wiping tears from your face before lightly poking his nose.

"Mothers intuition, it's a boy." You argue again. This wasn't the first time this had some up.

"No no it's a girl. Why are there scratches?" Peter asked, gently running his thumb over the scratches.

"The dog had to jump over me to get the ice cream. It's fine. Hormones made me crazy which is why I was crying." You explain, nodding to show him it was all okay. Peter nodded back before giving you a hug. He always had the best hugs.

The next month you had your baby. Mothers intuition, it was a boy. Peter fainted when he was born, causing the laughs from a few nurses. Peter claims it wasn't because the baby was disgusting looking when he was first born, but you knew better.

Now you, the baby, Peter, and the dog all cuddled together in a big nest of happy warmth.