"Hey there, Tisa," he grinned at me. "How's it going?"

"Is he here?" I asked, my heart beating loudly.

Grayson nodded, an understanding look on his face. "He's in the kitchen. I'll go get him."

As soon as he got the last words out, however, Harry came through the kitchen doors, stopping in his tracks when he saw me.

"Tisa," he mouthed.

"Hi," I breathed slowly, threading my fingers together. He took a few steps closer to me, rounding the edge of the bar.

"What are you doing here?" he asked.

I sucked in my lips and tilted my head. "I'm divorced," I muttered.

I saw Harry's shoulders drop slightly before taking another step closer. He looked liked he was about to reach his arms out to embrace me but decided against it.

"Are you okay?"

I chewed my bottom lip, half expecting some tears to erupt, but none came.

"Yes," I nodded. "I feel...good about it. Relieved."

Harry mimicked my nod. "Good. That's good."

When I'd left the courthouse, I'd felt a flood of emotions, wanting to see Harry so badly and talk to him, a million words to say. But now that I was in front of him, face to face, my voice was gone. I had no idea what else to say to him. His green eyes studied my face for a few moments until I cleared my throat.

"Well," I said, looking down at my hands, "I guess that's it. I just wanted to tell you."

"I'm glad you did," I heard him say.

I lifted my head to see a forlorn expression on his face, like he was silently willing me to say something else. Like I loved him. And I wanted him. And I missed him. But I couldn't say it.

"I should go," I finally whispered, turning for the exit.

"Wait," Harry called, grabbing my arm to stop me. I turned to face him again, though I couldn't bring myself to look him in the eye. I stared at the cross around his neck.

"Are you coming...this weekend?" he asked.

My eyes fluttered as I raised them up to meet his. "Oh. Um...yeah...your birthday."

"Yeah."

I swallowed hard. "Are you sure you want me there?"

Without hesitation, Harry cupped my cheek with his hand. "Tisa, you're the only person I want there."

His voice was deep, his words dripping with need. His eyes burned into mine, letting me know he meant exactly what he said. With a slow sigh, I momentarily shut my eyes and leaned into his touch.

"I...I can't..."

"Please, Tisa," I heard him murmur. I could tell he'd leaned in as well and his lips were inches from mine.

"I was..." I breathed, "I was gonna say...I can't make any promises. But I'll try."

I opened my eyes to see his, brimming with tears. He pressed his lips to my forehead before resting his own against it, his other hand on my lower back, pulling me closer to him.

"Please come back to me, baby."

I felt a lump in my throat as I lifted my hands to his chest. It shook with the rise and fall of his broken breaths. Inside I was breaking too. I wanted to scream yes, that I was his from then on and nothing could stand in the way. But I just couldn't bring myself to do it.