Night # 7

Kayami was up earlier than normal the next day, the only people that were up was the servants as they got the palace ready for a new day. They ignored her as she walked by, not out of rudeness but this wasn't the first time she had done it and they knew where she was heading this early in the morning.

She left the palace and headed towards a secluded area of the forest around the city, arriving at the place that she had made for the former First and Second Imperial Princes. She had made a small version of a temple that her clan uses to honor their dead and inside was a metal container that had oil and a wick in the center. Outside the temple was a candle which she used to light the wick and a soothing scent soon wafted up from the oil.

Kayami claps her hands before she bows her head and closes her eyes as she prays for the souls of the Princes, when she was done she clapped again and raised her head opening her eyes. She looks up at the sky to watch the clouds float by as she leans against the rock that the shrine was on top of.

She wasn't really watching the clouds, she was in deep in her memories of the two Princes and how she meet with their siblings.

Kayami was exploring the garden inside the main area of the palace, she had been brought there by Kaisei who didn't want to leave the girl alone for unknown hours since he had a meeting with the Emperor. So here she was exploring the garden while he had his meeting with the Emperor, bored and lonely.

Swish Whack

She stops walking when she hears a familiar sound, it sounded like a wooden practice sword hitting a dummy...something she herself was doing under the guidance of Kaisei. Kayami switches directions and heads over to where the sound was coming from. She peeks around the corner and sees a young boy standing in front of a practice dummy. Kayami watched his form carefully as he strikes the dummy again before she left her hiding place and walked over to him.

"You're holding it too loosely." Kayami said causing the young boy to jerk in surprise and spin towards her.

"Who are you?!" He asked.

He looked familiar to her...why did she have a feeling that she had seen him before? She mentally shrugs that question away to instead answer his question, "Oh, sorry...I'm Kayami Kishii, I'm a guest from the Ki Empire. What's your name?"

"Hakuryuu Ren." the little boy said shyly.

Oh, that must mean he's their younger brother.

"It's nice to meet you, Hakuryuu." Kayami said with a smile as she gets closer to him.

He smiles at her before he appears to remember something, "Oh! What did you mean by 'holding it loosely'?"

"Well, if you want to leave visible strikes on that dummy you have to hold it like this, not loosely," Kayami said as she showed him how to hold it, it was tight but not too tight. "The sword is supposed to be an extension of your arm, don't treat it like a sword."

"Okay!" Hakuryuu said as he eagerly listened to Kayami.

Kayami chuckles and pats his head, smiling.

"Oh? Whose your new friend, Hakuryuu?"

Kayami looks up when she hears a new voice, a girl's, and sees a girl who appears older than her...and she looks to be Hakuryuu's older sister.

"Hakuei!" Hakuryuu runs over to her and hugs her. Yep, she's his older sister she could see it in how he acts and that they share similar traits. "This is Kayami! She's showing me how to use to a sword properly!" It was more like showing him how to hold a sword but she wasn't going to correct him, he seemed to be happy that there was someone showing him how to use a sword.