Chapter 20 (1 year later)

Today was the day.

Espen stood in the back of the churches chapel watching Alex undo and redo his bow-tie for a fourth time that day. She knew both of her friends were as nervous as they ever could be and wanted nothing more than everything to go smoothly on their big day.

Alex was always a child at heart and when big events came up he couldn't do anything to stop himself from fidgeting. He kept his focus on his bow-tie hopping it would stop him from thinking of all the ways he could screw today up. Sadly all this did was throw a blanket frustration on top of his nerves.

Espen was shirr if she didn't walk over to Alex in the next ten second he was going to end up choking himself on his own bow tie. With hopes of stopping the groom from choking himself Espen walked over clasped her hands around Alex's, causing his head to jerk up and look at her with the biggest puppy dog eyes she had ever seen. "It's going to be okay" "you have nothing to worry about, you are not going to mess today up I will make sure of it, starting with not letting you kill yourself with your own bow-tie" with that being said Espen shewed away Alex's hands and tied the bow herself. Espen took a step back looked her friend over. Alex looked like a knock out, he wore a gray fitted suit with royal blue bow-tie pared with a smile that would have anyone thinking he had the world in his hands. When Max got a look at Alex he was shirr to fall speechless from his beauty, Espen was certain of it.

Max stood at the front of the church alter with his heart pounding out of his chest waiting for the moment the Alter doors would open and reveal his prince. Eleanor stood beside her son as he waited for Alex to walk down the aisle to start the rest of their lives together. Max was standing as straight as a board with unbreakable focus on the Alter doors, Eleanor couldn't help her heart from swelling with pride at the sight of her baby boy all dressed up in his black fitted suit accompanied with his royal blue tie. She only wished her husband was here to see the man there baby boy had grown into and to meet the man that soon would officially be there son –although married or not Eleanor already saw Alexander as her son-.

Piano music filed the church, the alter doors opened with a squeak and Alex was being walked down the aisle by Espen. Max's breath was taken away by the sight before him he felt like it was all a dream and if it was he hoped it was one he never woke up from.

The music stopped, Alex stood in front of Max making every attempt he could not to cry from the joy welling up inside his chest at the sight of his prince. He knew if he cried then floodgates would be broken and there be no stopping the tears.

The Priest began the ceremony before the tears welling in Alex had a chance to stream down his face and just before Max gave into instincts and kissed away his princes tears away. "Dearly beloved, we are gathered here today in the presence of these witnesses to join together this man and this man in holy matrimony commended to be honorable among all; and therefore is not to be entered into lightly but reverently, passionately, lovingly and solemnly. Into this - these two persons present now come to be joined. If any person can show just cause why they may not be joined together - let them speak now or forever hold their peace" the Priest paused for objections and just as expected there was none to be herd.

"Do you Maxwell Clearwater take King Alexander the third to be your wedded husband, to have and to hold, form this day forward, for better, for worse, for richer, for poorer, in sickness and in health, to love and cherish, till death do you part" Max chocked out an "I do" as his eyes glassed over.

"Do you King Alexander the third take Maxwell Clearwater to be your wedded husband, to have and to hold, from this day forward, for better, for worse, for richer, for poorer, in sickness and in heath, to love and cherish, till death do you part" Alex with the brightest smile anyone had ever seen relied with "I do too" causing his family surrounding him to give a chuckle and causing Max's face to light up like a child on Christmas day.

"Then with the power vested in me I declare you husband and husband you may now kiss the groom" a round of applause and a couple of sappy "awe's" came from Espen and Eleanor when the stepped forward locking lips in their first kiss as husband and husband.