Chapter Two

On the Friday of June 13, 2014 Taylor Jane Oak met Riley. Taylor knew one thing as she looked into the chocolate brown color of his eyes, that Riley would be the death of Taylor. Ignoring all the signs, Taylor stayed friends with Riley.

And on Friday of February 13, 2015 Riley and Taylor exchanged "I love you's".

It was beautiful.

*February 13, 2015; Taylor's POV*

I love Riley. That I am sure of, but I don't know how to say it or if he loves me back. I know that now would be the perfect time to tell him, laying under the stars in my backyard talking about our selfish first-world high school problems.

I notice Riley look at me, seemingly thinking just as hard as I am and it makes me want to smile. His forehead has a tiny little crease between his two thick brown eyebrows. His eyelids just barely covered his dark eyes. He just always looks so cute and I love it.

Finally, he turns to me, pause, and then begins to speak, "Taylor," he says in a slow voice, "I... I love you." I break out into a smile because I love him too and he is just too adorable.

Without wasting another second, I turn towards him and reply, "I love you too, you idiot." He laughs lightly and pulls me in for a kiss. I lean in and we meat in the middle, falling into perfect harmony.

We pull away and I look at him once more, murmuring, "You, Riley Bain, will be the absolute death of me."

*Present time Omniscient*

She was right.