Chapter I

"Y/N!" Your weapon hollers at you, tugging on your sleeve. You turn towards her, looking away from a rather interesting piece of jewelry. 

"Look at those two!" She squeals and pointed excitedly at a pair of cosplayers. She had been doing this all morning, pointing out different costumes and which shows they were from. This time, it appeared to be a twin pair of red-headed high schoolers. You sigh and decide to go along with it.

"Wow, Sachi... That's a great cosplay of... uh..." you trail off, hoping she would help you out. 

"Duh! They're Hikaru and Kaoru! From Ouran." She exclaimed, glaring at you with an exasperated look. You shrugged and let her go back to people watching. You were never that big of an anime fan, unlike Sachi. After all, you had never really had time for it. Working two jobs back in Manhattan was hard enough, but you managed. With Sachi being a few years younger than you, she was like your little sister, despite you not being related. You were constantly working or "borrowing" to make ends meet in order to give Sachi the best life possible. However, when you two got evicted from your tiny apartment, things got even harder. With no place to stay, you were forced to quit your jobs to focus on keeping Sachi safe. That was two years ago, and you have managed to scrape by so far, although there have been all kinds of close calls. Then again, your line of work wasn't exactly legal. 

You had never committed any real crimes, or at least in your opinion. Neither you or Sachi could stand the thought of hurting an innocent person, so you made sure to steer clear of those jobs. You mostly stuck to helping people get in and out of places, from houses to stores after hours. Of course, you didn't bring Sachi with you to most jobs in case something bad were to happen. You wouldn't know what to do with yourself if Sachi were to get arrested or hurt.

Since you'd moved out of Manhattan, though, you'd been able to stay away from most crime. The little town you had relocated to had much less crime and lots of empty buildings to stay in. You even had a little spare time to spend with Sachi. That's how you ended up at this convention. She had been hinting at wanting to go for weeks, and although you couldn't afford tickets, you wanted to make Sachi happy. So you found an unattended vent and snuck in, dropping down in the bathroom and walking out like you had been in there all along. 

You had to say, although you didn't get most of the anime craze, some of the tables did have really cool stuff. Speaking of cool stuff... You thought, once again eyeing the necklace. Sachi's birthday was coming up. Maybe you could just...

Your thoughts were interrupted by a loud scream echoing through the convention hall. Both you and Sachi snapped your heads towards the direction of the scream. After exchanging a quick glance, you squeezed through the crowd, making your way towards the Main Hall. The closer you got to whatever was going on, the thinner the crowd got.  You came to a large circle of people, some screaming, some pointing, others taking videos on their phones. You press through the small crowd, Sachi on your tail. Whatever was happening, it couldn't be good. You stop suddenly and Sachi almost crashes into your back. You gaze up at what you see before you. There are three large kishin gathered around a terrified looking girl, drooling over her. They look hungry... You thought, concerned. You look over to Sachi and see a determined look in her eyes. You were going to have to fight the thing yourselves, seeing as there didn't appear to be any other meisters or weapons around. You just hoped that the DWMA wouldn't show up before you were done.

"Sachi." You say loudly, raising your hand to the side. She nods, and quickly starts to glow green. 

Let's do this.