She looked back and said to Mike, “Please keep watch of him for me.”

He stepped to her side and nodded. She turned back to Danny. “Those ropes will not burn you. They’ll heat up the more you struggle, but you won’t be hurt. They’ll dissipate if I get too weak or if I release them, but I promise I’ll be back. I promise I won’t die just yet.”

She took one last look at him; at his soft features, piercing green eyes and strong demeanor. She hardened herself again and smiled to Mike. They embraced briefly before Mike took his position beside Danny.  

Drea turned and walked towards the place where she felt Alka’s body. It was over the plain beyond where she could see. 

She ascended the plain, not daring to look back in case her resolve should falter. She stepped down to a lower platform, stopping right where she felt all the energy resting. 

I’ll come back. I promise, she thought as she knelt down to touch the earth. Power reverberated throughout the rock, vibrating through her charged up hands. He’s here.

None of the previous Weaponsmasters had ever resurrected Alka, so she couldn’t find out how from their memories. She already knew how to do it though. She’d known since she became a Weaponsmaster, but she never realized it until she stared down at the ground.   

Drea sighed and took out a knife. She stared at her reflection in the shiny silver blade, twisting it as she watched it reflect the sunlight. She took a breath and slid the icy blade over her hand without the portal mark, creating a thin line of blood in her palm. Only fresh blood from the Weaponsmaster could resurrect Alka, which is why they needed her alive.

The knife disappeared as she held out her hand and squeezed. The blood dripped out of her hand, landing in small drops on the rock. It splattered like rain.

Immediately she felt him awakening in the deep underground rock. She stood and jumped back ten feet, waiting for him to appear. In an instant, the rock erupted, sending shrapnel in all directions. 

Drea didn’t even flinch; she only stood at attention, waiting for his grotesque figure to appear. After the dust settled, she began to see bits and pieces of him, though it didn’t take long for her to see all of him.

He was huge, maybe ten feet tall, and muscular with deep purple fur, like a nightmare itself. His eyes were blood red and his claws were about two inches long. He had no weapons or armor. Since the Lori hadn’t forced her to fight, he had none of the artifacts to use, but despite this, his aura was the strongest she’d ever felt.  

Drea stood and waited as Alka emerged fully from the rock. He roared menacingly. Finally he turned his head to see her waiting. She could’ve sworn he smiled as they locked eyes.

This is my challenge after so long? This is the one who’s come to kill me? My imprisonment is finally over.” He growled and looked around. “Where are the other Lori? Don’t tell me you came here of your own accord.”

“I did,” she said calmly.

Alka snickered. “What a fool you are. I’ve been buried for I don’t know how long and a little girl like you comes to set me free. You’re the new Weaponsmaster?”

“I am.”

Alka smiled once again then looked around with a sense of confusion.

“You have no armor. You’ll just have to fight me by yourself since I didn’t let your Lori give you the armor. I’ll take you down myself.”

He laughed. “I don’t think a little one like you could defeat me by herself. Even without my armor, this will be easy.” He turned to face her and a knife appeared in his hand. “You’re not the only one who can conjure weapons.”

“I want no interference in this match,” Drea said boldly. “I don’t want any of my Kaienshi or your Lori getting in the way.”

“Kaienshi? Hmm it has been quite a long time. Very well. We will put up a force field. Let us fight a fair match. You don’t have a chance anyway.”

The both of them stepped forward, stopping about five feet in front of the other. Drea couldn’t take her eyes off of him; it was like staring death in the face and knowing no matter what, it’d find you one day.

They kneeled and put their hands on the ground, sending their energy out through the earth. Even though she’d never done it, Drea knew exactly what to do.  

Their energies intermingled as the shield around them took form. It went to the very edge of the plain, extending a mile in every direction. It was clear color mixed with flecks of purple as their auras mixed together.

Drea barely felt a drain in her energy, and she knew Alka hadn’t felt much either. They each had incredibly large amounts of power, foreshadowing a fight like no other. As soon as the shield was formed, both of them jumped back with unforeseen speed, making sure they put enough distance between themselves and the enemy.

Drea stared at Alka with hatred, hatred for his minions, for his legacy, for his existence. She never knew him, but she knew what he was. He was the darkest shadow that existed.

Are you ready for your final fight? Zen said strongly in her mind. He was just as ready as she.

As ready as one can be before they meet death, she responded calmly. 

I will share all of my memories with you on this Andrea, Kaien said suddenly, sounding far away. He usually stayed in the temple, so it surprised her that he was with her. I’ll do everything to prevent your death.

As will I, echoed Zen.

They believed in her, so much that they’d do anything to keep her alive. It warmed her heart. She had no other option but to believe in herself now. Thank you, she whispered.

Drea drew a sword to match his knife. The reach would give her the advantage. Kaien, how many weapons can Alka use?

The knife and sword. The others come from his armor. Be careful though, he’s skilled, incredibly skilled, with the two of them.

Noted. She raised her sword as he raised his knife. Drea was finally ready for the battle of her life. She was ready to fight her nightmare, and with any luck, she’d win.