Chapter 4

I hurried home. The weather was not in my favor, the wind and clouds thinking that my day wasn't worse enough. First the wind was blowing softly at me, easing my heart ever so slightly about the things that were going to happen in the next few days. Then, it turned it's back on me, and started pounding against my face, the impact feeling like a straight on punch. The sky darkened, and downfall seemed like it was going to happen in any minute.

Alya and I had parted ways. Before, my head was still a blur from everything that was going on and I had to clear my mind. But one thing I was definitely clear of now was that I could not call Natalie or I will be so dead. Father always told me to stay at school and wait for my bodyguard to pick me up after an akuma attack. I ran along the streets, sprinting and hoping that I would be able to avoid the predicted rainfall.

Paris' normal beautiful sky has lost it's luxurious and deep blue, and it's rich, white clouds, were long gone as well. The sky was now a murky gray, with some occasional bright spots or darker highlights.

Then, I felt my chest itch. Plagg poked his head out of my jacket, and quipped, 'Are we home yet Adrien? And have you forgotten about our deal about that piece of Camembert?'

'How could I forget? After all, it's not like I've carried stinky cheese around so much that I now permanently stink.'

'I think you pronounce a few words wrongly Adrien, I believe you meant to say, you carried the prize winning cheese of all time so much that it has officially made you a walking talking air freshener.'

I imitated Ladybug's classic eye roll. 'Come on. We're home. hide.'

He retreated into my jacket, and I went to my room, praying that I wouldn't run into anyone. Once we had the room to ourselves, Plagg immediately poked his head out and as I lied down in exhaustion from all the events that had happened today. I was in such a daze, I could fall asleep right there. And I did, but not before pointing to a piece of Camembert on the table to make sure that a certain black Kwami can't ruin my sleep.

~~~

Marinette furrowed her eyebrows in annoyance as she tried to stack the new string to her yo-yo. No matter what she tried, it wouldn't stay on. A purple frame appeared on her face, and Hawk Moth's voice rang in her head.

'It's useless, Ladybug. A magical item can only be fixed with magic.'

Marinette's mouth tightened into a thin line. 'What is our next course of action, Hawk Moth?'

'Well, it's quite simple Ladybug. I need you to hate.'

'Hate?'

'Yes. Hatred is the strongest negative emotion there is. I can turn hatred into power.'

'Then how do you expect me to hate?'

There was a long pause before the deep male voice continued harshly. 'Gather all your thoughts. Think of the times where someone made you unhappy, sad or angry; think of the times where the world wrenched something you held dear to heart away from you; loathe the one behind it all. Be angry. Despise them from the bottom of your heart.'

Marinette tried. She really did. She focused so hard, her head hurt. But try as she might, she was just a lucky girl with a good life. That was the thing. It wasn't like she had gotten everything she wanted whenever she wanted, but things always turned out okay for her. She never lost anyone or anything. She had no reason to hate anyone or anything wholeheartedly. The best she could muster was her frustration at the injustice of life. How people like Chloe could live on without the consequences of her actions. How there was an evil villain out there that could use his power irresponsibly, and still roam uncaught.