I Think You're Cute

Luke pov
It's ten after and Jayla not here yet. I don't see her car at home so I know she not there. It took her another five min to get to her house. She went inside and three men she comes back out with some gym shorts and a black tank top.
"Damn she is so fine." I said to myself.
As soon as the doorbell rings I open the door to see Jayla beautiful smile.
"Hey Luke." Jayla said, smiling at me.
"Hey. Come in." I said, getting out of Jayla way.
"Your house is beautiful. " Jayla said, looking around the house.
"Thank you." I said. "So where you want to work on my bedroom or the kitchen." I ask Jayla. I know she is going to say the kitchen, but you can't hate me from trying.
"The kitchen will be great."She said turning around to face me.
As we walk into the kitchen I get a text from my dad saying he wants to be home tonight.
So that leaves me with talking Jamie.
"So you have any other siblings. " Jayla asks me as we set the table up for your project.
"No, it's just Jamie. How about you." I ask her.
"Well the twins you see me with are my cousins. And they have an older brother and sister." She said."I live with my aunt and uncle."
"Can I ask why?" I asked her. I can tell she doesn't want to talk about it. "You don't have to talk about it." I said dropping the subject.
"I stay with my aunt and uncle because my mom passed and they took me in." Jayla said getting a little upset.
"I'm sorry for asking. "I said, getting up and wrapping my arms around her.
"It's good. You were just asking." She said hugging me. I know it upset her. Damn, I wish I didn't ask her.
Jayla Pov
I didn't mind Luke asking me about my mother, but I know my body language wasn't showing that.
"Let's get started. " I said, breaking the hug.
"What should we do this project on?" Luke ask me as we took our seats.
"What about The Road To Pearl Harbor. " I ask Luke.
"Sure." Luke said, staring into my eyes."I think you are cute." Luke said making me smile hard.
I don't know what to do, or what to say.
"Thank you." I said. "You don't look that bad yourself. " I said to him.
It became a little awkward, but Luke and my conversations broke the awkwardness.
" So if you had a chance to travel wear will you go to?" Luke ask me.
" There are so many places I would love to visit, but if I have to choose one, it would be Dubai." I said. " What about you? " I ask him staring into his eyes.
"Your heart." Luke said making me laugh.
"I'm for real." Luke said looking serious.
" You can't travel to my heart. " I said to Luke with a smirk on my face.
"I probably can't, but I will love to try." He said holding my hand.
"Let's get back on the project. " I said to him.
later at home
Shay and Deion made it home before I did.
"Hey, where you been." Deion said as soon as I walk inside the house.
"I was over Rod." I said, lying because I know if they find out I was next door they will trip.
"Why don't you invite him over for dinner?"Shay asks me as she walks into the living room with me and Deion. I took a seat next to Deion. "He's busy. " I said, lying again.
"Oh, I wanted to see him." Shay said. She used to have a crush on Rod."So do you a Dee still dating or talking." She asks me.
"No." I said bluntly.
"Well then. We wouldn't talk about it. " Shay said, getting up and leaving the living room.
Lia, my aunt, and the twins are here. Now we are just waiting for Uncle Ben. This is going to be a long night.
" So who the people next door?" Deion asks me.
"What you mean? " I ask him, knowing he knew I wasn't in Rod house.
" I'm working on a project with this boy in my history class. " I said to him.
" How long you have known this boy?" He ask me.
"He just moves here, and there nothing going on between us, so you don't have nothing to worry about. " I said to him.