Chapter 23- Relief

Grayson's POV:
Damn my side hurts. Cassidy is insane and I'm glad the cops got her. She didn't just go to them. She put up a fight. Eris and her got into it and they were fighting while we were in Target. What a scene...
Eris' mom is staying with us this weekend because Eris was severely hurt so Mrs. Faye wanted to help Eris recover. She's also helping me too. I still have my stitches, but I should be getting them out next week sometime.
My poor baby, she's unconscious and has a bruised arm. If you want to know what happened, Cassidy slammed Eris' arm into the restroom door and then she pushed Eris causing her to fall and hit her head on the toilet seat. This is all my fault. If I never told her to help me, she'd be conscious. She was able to tell Cassidy and I location because a toilet flushed when Cassidy was on the phone with Eris. Ugh damn this is a mess. I'm glad it's over with. Eris, baby, please wake up. I need you...

Mrs.Faye POV:
"Don't worry. As long as we keep changing the towel for her forehead, she should wake up." I say to Grayson. I knew I should've taken care of Cassidy the first time I heard about her.. I didn't think she would attack my baby, so I never said anything about it to Eris. That's a mistake I greatly regret right now. My baby is laying in this bed unconscious. Her arm isn't getting any better. It keeps swelling. The doctor said to keep it wrapped up with ice but it's been a day and nothing is changing. I'll need to call the doctor and let them know. I hope it's nothing serious. Luckily we won't have to pay the medical expenses.

Cassidy's POV:
"Please just let me tell her! I have to tell her!" I yell at the police officers. "Ma'am calm down. You'll get your chance to talk to her when your sentence is through." My sentence? "What sentence? I'm not going to jail. I did nothing wrong. Officer?" I can't be going to jail. I need to apologize to Eris. "You'll be in jail for the next 10 years." Shit. "No no you're wrong. I'm not going to jail. I'm supposed to spend my life with Eris. Those 10 years will be enough to raise our children. Officer listen to me! I've done no wrong!" I grasp onto his sleeve. "Ma'am you've been convicted of sexual harassment twice, stalking twice, and you almost killed Mr. Dolan. You say you've done no wrong? You're mistaken. It's a good thing you were caught. Let's go." He puts me into the police car. "I've done nothing wrong..."

*******2 weeks later*******

Eris' POV:
I'm glad that whole situation with Cassidy is over with now. Now Grayson, my mother, and I can all relax. Grayson wants to take me on another vacation so that I can fully be relaxed. Every time I think of the word vacation, I look at the scar Janet gave me. I can't help but tremble at the thought of her. I think Janet still has feelings for Grayson. He told me she didn't, he told himself she didn't. While in the hospital, she came to see him. I heard their whole conversation. Grayson didn't know I was laying in the hospital bed next to him. There was a curtain to separate us. What I heard, changed everything.

"Grayson, why didn't you tell me you were hurt?" "I got hurt for someone I love Janet. It's none of your concern anymore." You're talking about her aren't you? Why do you love her? You love me. I know you do. We both know you love me still Grayson." "Yes I'm talking about Eris. You're right. What I realized was that that love wasn't real love. You kept saying I loved you, you made me think I loved you. So I thought I loved you." "You still loved me Grayson. We made love and almost made another life. We lost that life because the love between us wasn't strong enough." " No Janet. We didn't lose anything. YOU lost that child. I know what you did to lose that child too and you think I was going to comfort you because of your actions? Why did you do it?" "How'd you find out?" "It doesn't matter how I found out Janet. You killed that child! That's something you're going to have to live with forger!" "Perhaps we can make another. Come on Grayson. Just one more time? I'm sure it'll happen. I won't do what I did. I promise." "Janet, get out of here. I want Eris and only Eris. When I get out of here, and once Eris is fully recovered, I'm going to propose to her. I want Eris as my wife and eventually, the mother of my children." "Don't talk that way to me! You're supposed to be talking about our future!" "I'm talking about MY future Janet. Not yours. You need to find yourself before you do anything. Eris is still young! You're twenty-three! She's twenty! She probably hasn't even had sex yet!" "Our age doesn't matter, it doesn't matter whether she's had sex or not either. Her maturity level is far advanced than her age unlike yours. Now leave before I have the nurse call security." "Grayson. It's not supposed to be this way." "GET OUT!"

I can't believe this..did she really do that to her baby? I knew her figure was important to her but still. She planned the whole thing..
She opens the curtain to leave and sees me. We make direct eye contact. Grayson doesn't see me cause he's facing the other way. Janet storms out of the hospital room. Is..is he crying?