Though I scowled when he said that I couldn't take care of myself, and looked away. I turned back when Zack was done.

Zack's mother was frowning. "How long did you say Kyle's father will be gone?" She asked Zack.

"A week at most. There not sure how everything will turn out so he has to stay long enough to know that everything is running smoothly," he explained.

"Oh, okay." She looked uncertain, as if the idea of me staying didn't sit right with her. As if she had a feeling that she was missing something but didn't know what it was.

Zack's father, who had been quiet throughout the whole explanation, spoke up for the first time. "Isn't this all a bit too sudden?" He asked suspiciously.

Panic flashed into Zack's eyes and he hurried to explain. "Yeah, he didn't know about this trip until the last minute as well. Apparently the guy who was supposed to go had gotten a major cold and is sick in bed so they had to send Kyle's dad instead since he was the only other person who knew the material enough to present it without making a fool of himself and not knowing what he's talking about."

Where is he pulling all this out from?!

I had to keep my mouth from falling open from shock and gaping at Zack. If I looked surprised by his ridiculous story then his parents will know for sure that this is all bullshit.

"Well, I guess that is a bit sudden...," her eyebrows drew together as she thought this through. Finally she breathed out and said, "That's fine, there's no helping it."

Her husband looked as if he was about the protest but keep his mouth shut. As for me, I almost started jumping up and down with joy and shouting out "hell yeah," but I stopped myself, knowing that would only make Zack's mother regret her choice in letting my stay here and take it back.

Zack turned to me with a bright smile and shinning eyes, making my heart thump loudly in my chest and a hint of a blush to spread across my face.

Look at me sounding like such a girl who's head over heels in love with a boy. Then again I am in love with a boy, madly in love by the looks of it.

When did my love grow so strong?

"So I'm assuming you need to pack your stuff up, right? Do you need me to drive you over to your house Kyle?" Zack's mother glanced my way.

I shook my head vigorously. "No, no need. I've already brought my stuff here earlier," I said quickly.

She raised an eyebrow in surprise. "Really now, so you already have your stuff here even though you had no idea if I would say yes or not?"

"Ah, um... it was Zack's idea!" I know putting the blame on Zack was mean and childish but, technically, it was his idea and not mine so he should take responsibility for the idea.

He shot a glare my way filled with the promise of payback. I stared guiltily back.

"Yes, it was my idea," he said slowly, carefully choosing his words, "because I knew you wouldn't be so mean as to leave him all alone in his house. He can hardly take care of himself, how do you expect him to survive on his own," he repeated and smirked my way. This action was unnoticed by his mother as she was busy glancing over to her husband, giving him the "he's right" look.

I could tell this was the payback that he had promised, and even though what was said was untrue as I could properly take care of myself perfectly fine since I've been doing that for a long time, I knew that I deserved that.

"Were even now," I mouthed his way. He nodded in agreement, a look of victory in his eyes.

I wanted to smack that look off his face instantly. My hand twitched.

His mother turned back to us. "That's true, I wouldn't do that. Besides I already said he can stay. This discussion is over." She excused herself, saying that she needed to prepare dinner.

Zack's father stayed for a bit longer, looking from me to Zack. He shook his head and left.

I relaxed once he was gone and breathed out in relief, then turned to Zack. "It worked," I whisper-yelled at him, afraid that his parents may be listening in to our conversation. I'm probably just being paranoid.

"Told you it would."

"Yeah, you did," I admitted. "Sorry I didn't believe you."

"It's fine. Don't worry about it."

I nodded and looked down at the ground, lost in thought. I didn't notice Zack getting up and heading my way till I felt him gently grab my head and tilt it up so that I was eye level with his. I froze. "I've been trying to get your attention for a while now, but you haven't responded. What are you thinking about?" He asked, his eyes searching mine.

My face turned bright red and I shot up off the arm chair I was sitting in, knocking Zack off balance and walked quickly away from him, putting a good few feet of space between us. "D-don't get so close," I sputtered out, completely flustered.

Zack regained his balance and turned angrily towards me, a deep scowl on his face. "Why?" He asked, sounding offended.

"Uh...," I looked around for answers but came up with nothing.

I jump when Zack starts walking my way and back up. For every step Zack took towards me, I took one step back until I could go no farther.

Zack cornered me, backing me against the wall. He placed both of his hands on either side of my head, cutting of my escape. His eyes pinned me to the wall and held me still by the intensity in them. "Why?" He asked again. His breath fanned my face, and a tingling feeling enveloped in the pit of my stomach. I swallowed audibly and opened my mouth to answer his question.

The sound of the door bell ringing sliced through the tension in the air, and allowed me the option to run. And I took it. Relief coursed through me and I stuttered a quick, "I-I'll go g-get it," and ran.

I heard Zack tsk loudly in annoyance at the interruption. I on the other hand, was glad for the distraction. It couldn't have come at a better time.

I reached the doorway and took a deep breath to calm myself down before opening it up with a bright smile that diminished the moment I saw who stood on the other side.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Bam! Cliffhanger. ^-^