Chapter One

This last installment of Mckayla's series I will have not only Mckayla/Kayla and Nina's POV but also Elena's.
I've enjoyed writing this series and thank the faithful readers!

Nina

I was shoved out of the limo Blair and Mckayla stepping out behind. Everyone laughed on my expense except Mckayla. She made no expression. No defense in protecting me. It was as if all the love she had for me evaporated. That anger and obvious distrust was placed as a barricade between us.
My knees slammed against the muddy hard dirt. I whimpered low from the harsh shove my pants and shirt collecting mud splatter from my fall. The silver handcuffs tighten around my wrist, as I scrambled up fast. My wolf was scared. Having a dominant wolf at my back and vampires could do that. The sky was dark, hardly any light around. A owl song at a distance.
This was a lot different from what I was use to. Arizona was more desert and dry than Virginia where it was humid and oceans of trees. I could not see the dark sky as openly as Arizona allowed.

There was a pond a few dozen feet away. The water was unwavering accept for an occasional light splash.
"Alligators." I looked up, finding Blair standing close to me. Her leer unsettling. She looked amused by me and said, "Would you like to go for a swim?" She asked me that as if swimming with alligators were like swimming with dolphins and even that could be a bit dangerous.

Tears welled my eyes. I couldn't afford to cry in front of them. The woman I'd met a few days ago walked out of the house smiling and greeted Blair with an embrace. "Lovely to have you back." The redhead kissed Blair's cheek, shifting her sapphire vampiric eyes my way. She gave me an once over and smirked, annoyed. "Well hello." She ran her eyes over me as if I was a diseased woman standing too close to her. "I'm Claudia. Never introduced myself the first time. I knew I'd be seeing you again...more on my terms." She had a snide expression on her face.
Claudia lowered her head close to me openly making it known she was sniffing me. I held back my wolf's whimper. She snickered shifting her gaze back to Blair. "You can literally taste her fear."

Blair snapped her fingers. "Get this wolf cleaned up." She smiled my way. "You're guest."

Though I was afraid, there was not enough fear to keep me quiet. "Than why are my wrist cuffed."

Blair gave me a curious glance lips pursed considering what I said. "Good point. Not like you are capable of escaping."

She looked over at Mckayla. I turned back by the limo noticing her shirt stripped off. She was about to shift. "You invited her. You deal with her." Mckayla never looked my way.

"I may not hold much over you, Kayla," Blair said dryly. "But you owe a debt to me. We both know you won't leave until it's paid."
Blair walked over to Mckayla running her fingers and eyes down her body. Mckayla was even more toned than I last remembered earning a desirable stare from me, too.

Mckayla snarled, walking the few steps to me. She didn't bother taking the key Blair held out. Mckayla slid her fingers inside the inner cuffs yanking it open. I winced as the cuffs pressed aggressively against my wrist, the silver burning my skin.

"Don't whine," Mckayla snarled chastising me with a brute tone. She never bothered making eye contact, tossing the cuffs into a random Weres hands. "You won't last a day."

"I have a lot more fight in me than you think." My anger got the best of me. I had a habit of speaking boldly. Rogue once told me, ' It wasn't wise to speak unless I could stand and fight my own battle.' Well here I was now trying to do just that.

Mckayla curled her fingers around my jaw painfully tight. Her claws dug into my skin and I squinted my eyes, stiffening from the pain. A few drops of blood from her claws digging holes into me, was all it took for Kayla to finally stare at me for the first time. I watched her suck in a breath and I closed my eyes not sure what she'd do next. "Look at me." On her voice command, instinctively I opened my eyes. Mckayla told me once she would never bother harming a submissive but right now I had my doubts. This version of her scared me. "Every time you talk back...you will be punished."