Chapter 15: Now What?

I am offfically depressed. It's been a week and she won't answer my calls, respond to my text, or even acknowledge me in school. My last two games have been a mess. Yeah we win but with no help from me.

Coach is pissed with me, my mom feels sorry for me, and none of my teammates know what's going on. I really feel lonelier than ever. I know I was wrong but is this necessary? I mean if I was in her shoes, I would want my answers.

Tonight, is the first round. If we win this game we move on and remain in the running to play for the championship. I should be celebrating but I can't, depression is a bitch.

Joey sits down next to me on the bench, we are still in the locker room waiting.

"Man, what's going on?"

"Joey what are you talking about?"

"You. Kiera is up staging you on the court. She is making you look like you don't deserve your position. Where is your head Asia?" I hang my head low because it's true. I know coach is looking at Kiera to take my place as captain. I just feel like I'm being overlooked on every point of my life.

"Joey, I don't know man. Shit is crazy right now on a personal level."

"No sweet shit but Asia you can talk to me. You and me are the closest on the team."

"True but this some serious shit."

"I know, I got your back man." She dapped me up and smiled sympathetically at me.

"Alright, ladies let's do this! I don't have to tell you how important this game is." Before I had a chance to spill my guts to Joey, Coach came in. The game is starting.

***

We are in the lead by three points at half time. The step team is about to do their routine and I can't help but look for Danica. I heard she has been really working the hell out of the team.

After they finish their set- which was phenomenal by the way, the unthinkable happened. I watched Cj walk up to my girl and hug her! Mad is an understatement. I was livid.

"Fuck no! I'm gonna- "

"Asia chill man!" Joey grabbed my jersey and held on tightly.

"How?! Look at that shit!" I kicked a chair across the floor. My face was hot so I know I was red.

"Bro, it's just a hug."

I was starring daggers at Cj, she was standing there smiling at my girl. Then her hand grabbed Danica's hips.

"Fuck all that. Look at that shit Joey. How the hell do ignore this shit?" Beyond the anger, I wanted to ball like a baby. I wanted to throw the biggest temper tantrum ever. I know it sounds stupid but I really just wanted her to come over and talk to me. So I can tell her how sorry I was. No I didn't want to just say it, I wanted her to feel it. Nia didn't mean shit to me. I really wanted to take the entire situation back but I knew I couldn't.

I started to walk over again but Joey dragged me out the gym and slammed me against the wall.

"Look Asia, pull your shit together! Danica is obviously not in the mood for you right now. Give her some damn time and stop being so selfish!"

I shoved her off, "what the fuck am I supposed to do?!" My voice cracked, I felt the tears slowly making there way down my face.

"Look dry your face man, what ever you are feeling put that shit on the court. We can't lose this game. I know your personal life is going to shit right now and we will deal with that afterwards but the team needs you. I'm sure you being selfish is what put you in the shit you're in now, so don't do it to the team."

I wiped my face and nodded my head, now is not the time to fall apart. But no one knows true pain until you see the one you love in someone else's arms. I want to raise hell but I got to push that out of my head.

"Okay, just move man." I storm back in the gym just in time. We were about to take the court.

"Asia, take the bench." I looked at coach like she was crazy.

"Nah, tell Kiera to sit out." I walk on to the court.

***

We dominated them. They didn't stand a chance once the second half started. I don't remember much because I honestly just blanked out. I do remember hearing my name called a lot though. Nothing mattered to me when I was on the court. Nothing weighed me down.

We are now back in the locker room waiting for coach to release us.

"I want to say, great job out there. You all did what we sought to do and for that, I'm proud. Next game will tougher so I expect that same enthusiasm. So you all have a good night and practice Is cancelled tomorrow. I need you all to work on your own time though, so no slacking. I'm talking to you Johanna."

Joey started laughing, "Yeah coach whatever you say."

I was gathering my stuff to go when Kiera approached me, "Asia."

I looked up, "yeah?"

"Good to have you back. 21 points is impressive."

"Yeah well thanks, I plan to do the same the remainder of the season. Excuse me, I gotta go." I picked up my bag and walked away.

Walking to my car, I spot Dani walking alone. She seems unbothered. I really miss her. I don't think anyone can fathom the way I feel right now.

"Give her time Asia. Just a little time." Please just give me a chance to fix it.

I got to my car and something felt off. I felt like something bad was about to happen. I tried to shake it off as I rode home but I couldn't.

Finally walking through the door, "ma you should have seen me! I scored 21-" I stop n in the middle of my sentence. Along with my mother, my father sat on the couch looking directly at me. "What the fuck are you doing here?!"

"Asia watch your mouth!" My momma jumps off the couch appalled by my choice of words.

"It's alright Vanessa. Asia I am still your father! You don't talk to me like that!" His voiced bounced off the walls but I wasn't intimidated.

"So was I your daughter when you pushed me?"

"You were disrespectful!"

"Man fuck you! You should have been checking your wife not me!" At this point my mom just stepped back. I know I shouldn't be this way but what can I say? He defended her without even asking me why I did it.

"Marie, if you don't watch your damn mouth, I swear I'm going to smack the taste out of your mouth." If he would have said that a few months ago, I know it would be an empty threat but now, I take this shit serious. I dropped my bag and removed my coat.

"Then come on old man. Ain't nothing to it." This time, I'm not holding back.

"ENOUGH! TOMMY SHUT THE HELL UP AND LISTEN!" He looked at my mother like she was crazy.

"Vanessa i'm not going to stand her and listen to shit!"

"He don't wanna listen, then fine! But tell Nia stay the fuck away from me! Then when that crazy bitch finally understands it, you do the same Tommy!" I brush past him.

"Get your ass back here Asia! What are you trying to say?!" He grabs my arm roughly but I turn around shove him off.

"Don't touch me!"

Before the brawl could start there was a knock on the door. My mom was near tears when she went to open it.

"Hey auntie, you okay? Where my little cousin at?"

My mom opened the door so I could see who it is. I shoved brushed past my dad to find my cousin Bree waiting with open arms.

"You called, so I'm here for a few days. What's going on?" Her eyes brows were furrowed with concerned. Dear cousin Bree just wait until I tell you this crazy shit.

*
*
*
*
*

Okaye so this is a little treat! Same Bree from my first book but much won't be brought up about Women Lie, Too so no worries for those who haven't checked it out. But yall should read it anyways bc it's good lol