Free Time and a Midnight Walk

Start from the beginning

     "Look what the cat dragged in." He says and Violet looks around.

     "The only thing catty around here is you." She says and his friends laugh slightly as he rolls his eyes.

     "Sure sure." He says and waves the hackey sack around. "Wanna play? Or are you still upset from the lose last year?"

     "Like I'd ever turn down a nice competition." She says and grabs mine and Daisy's arm raising them up. "My friends are playing with me!"

     "Ehh?" I say looking at her with a blank look.

     "WHAT?!" Daisy yells and the guys smile.

     "Alright, so what do we get if we win?" Violet asks and he smiles.

     "Whatever you want." He answers and she nods. "If I win, you have to go on a date with my friend that likes you."

     "Ew..." Violet groans and straightens her shoulders. "Fine let's do this!"

     "Alright!" A nearby pedestrian takes the hackey sack and smiles tossing it up and kicking. "GO!"

•*•*•

     I stare down and my eye twitches at how ridiculous it all is. Daisy is sprawled on the ground and Violet is curled into a ball a traumatized look on her eyes.

     "Can you guys just, get up and quit being utter embarrassments to me?" I ask and Daisy let's put a whimper as Violet looks up at me.

     "I lost...." She grumbles and I nod.

     "Very badly may I add." I say back and she flings herself off the ground and turns to him.

     "I will not let my enemies see me weak!" She shouts and I lean over waving my arms.

     "Kinda to late for that." I say and she covers my mouth.

     "So, where is your friend..." She asks and I try to get away for air.

     "Ahh, you have to meet him tonight, he's shy." Corey answers and smugly folds his arms. "Play again anytime!" He says waving and walking away.

     I look over to Violet who's eye is twitching uncontrollably. I open my mouth and-

     "Don't you dare..." She growls and I pull Daisy up. Violet marches away and Daisy and I share a look and whisper.

     "Violet the Viper..."

•*•*•

     "What's wrong with Violet?" Adam whispers to Daisy as we arrive.

     "She lost a bet and now has to go on a date with some guy she hates friend." Daisy whispers and Adam shoots up.

     "Date?!" He shouts and we both grab him as Violet shoots a glare our way.

     "Shhh!" Daisy whispers and he nods. "She doesn't like it, so please just cheer her up or something..."

     "I'll try..." He mumbles and walks to Violet and away from us.

     "We just sent him off to his own death..." I whisper and Daisy nods patting my shoulder.

     "He was a brave man..." She whispers and Dean speaks up.