Silent Treatment

***Dariana*** 

Today is the funeral. Aunt Donna died a week ago, and it has also been a week since I last saw Kyle. Since the day of the hospital, he has tried to contact me, but I haven't answered his messages or calls. 

I'm giving my family the silent treatment. I haven't eaten, slept, or talked since I saw Aunt Donna pass away.

**Flashback**  

"Aunt Donna" I grabbed her hand and tears started coming out, like rain, they wouldn't stop.

"Honey?" 

I turned my head to see Aunt Donna looking at me with worried eyes, she looked so pale and without that spark that made her eyes shine. 

"Honey." she repeated again "why did you break up with him?" her voice sounded so, so.. so dead and I knew that she was going to be gone at any minute.

"He lied." I whispered

I sat on the chair that was next to her and I went and sat down there.

"He lied Auntie." I repeated again.

She pulled my hand towards her and placed it on her stomach and squeezed it. 

"Baby, I want you to know that when I die..."

"Auntie, don't say that please." I was in sobs already.

She gave my hand another squeeze, I looked up and saw her with watery eyes.

"Look baby girl.. I don't have that much time to live, but I want you to promise me that you will forgive him."

"Auntie, I can't promise that, he did wrong hiding it from me." I whispered as the tears started coming out " And I need you here with me, I need you to hold me when I have a bad day or sing to me on my birthday, play cards with me. I need you to be there for my graduation."

"I will, I will always be there for you, when you have a bad day I'll be there. When your birthday comes again I'll sing happy birthday. I can't really play cards, because well I won't be physically there, but I'll try my best. And I swear for the most important thing in my life which is you, that I'll be there when you graduate. Because no matter what your birth certificate says.. I'm your mother, I raised you and saw you give your first steps I was there when you first said 'mama' to me. Maybe I couldn't do that much because I didn't know about Vin until later on, but anyways you are my daughter, my little girl. I raised you to be this gorgeous, respectful, responsible, intelligent, sweet, and unique young lady who has a beautiful heart. I proud of what you have become. I know you'll be okay after I leave, because you know that when I leave the world won't end, only for me, but your life will go on, and make the best of it. You can't put yourself down just because I'm not there anymore. Don't lose the love of your life for something that was really stupid." her breath started going faster, but I chose to ignore it.

"I can't it hurts me, and I know life will go on, but what am I going to do when I wake up tomorrow and know that your not going to be there making breakfast, or when I have bad dreams, who am I going to hug in order to stay calm. And don't say Chance or Kyle because I will not. You think a seventeen year old can live without a mother. Cause I sure as hell won't be able to. Auntie, I can't lose you, you been there for me since as long as I could remember. Helping me with homework, problems, and everything. I love you too much to let you go." I squeezed her hand and cried my eyes out.

"You will, because you have a family that cares so much-" I cut her off

"They care.. yeah right was that why they hid everything from me. I would have wanted to know that you were sick. I would have spent every single second with you. But no they decided to hide everything and tell me at the end." I was yelling by this point, but my tears wouldn't stop