Chapter 8

** poorly edited so sorry for any typos or anything **

Harry laid on the bed with his head resting on Niall's thigh, mindlessly watching the laptop that was sat on Niall's legs as they halfheartedly watched a crime scene investigation show. Normally they loved these types of shows, always trying to piece together evidence and figure out the suspect before the detectives. But tonight neither of them were too engrossed.

"Do you want to talk now?" Niall spoke quietly, breaking the rooms silence.

He shrugged, rolling over onto his back and stared up at the ceiling. "Not really, no."

Niall chewed on the inside of his bottom lip, watching Harry pick up his phone when it buzzed and read yet another text message from Zayn. He'd been relentlessly texting and calling over the last hour and a half, since they got to Niall's house — Harry hadn't answered once.

"That him again?" He questioned, already knowing the answer.

Harry nodded against his thigh, turning over onto his side again and absentmindedly picked at the fabric of the blanket. "Did Zayn really say that to you?"

"Yes," he immediately answered. "Why would I lie to you?"

Harry shrugged, biting his bottom lip and turned over some to look up at him. "I know you like me, Niall. I think I've known for awhile but I've never said anything in case I was just overthinking things too much."

"Yeah I like you," Niall avoided his eyes and kept them on the laptop. "We've been friends since kids."

He shook his head, "No.. I mean — the other kind of liking someone." Harry paused a moment, "The way I thought Zayn liked me."

"I don't," Niall snapped quickly.

Harry moved to sit up, crossing his legs and faced him. "I just thought because of the way you —"

"Well you thought wrong," he silenced his words before they even had a chance to leave his mouth. "We're friends — that's it."

Harry nodded, closing his mouth. "Okay, I'm sorry." He paused and then looked up at him, "Should I go?"

"No, not unless you want to." Niall shrugged, reaching forward and pausing the show.

He looked down at his phone again, seeing yet another text message from Zayn popping up on his screen. "You think maybe I should respond, tell him I'm okay or something?"

"Are you okay," Niall questioned.

He shook his head, "It sucks — I didn't think Zayn was like that. He hasn't pressured me into anything, it's just weird that — that he'd say something like that to you."

"So you think I'm lying then," Niall snapped.

Again Harry quickly shook his head, "No, I — I just — I don't know. The whole thing happened really quickly and I think I should've stayed to talk to Zayn, get his side."

Niall got up off the bed and crossed his arms over his chest, "Fine then, go run back to your sneaky little alpha but when he shows his true colors don't come running to me."

"Niall you aren't being —"

"Just leave!" He shouted, halting Harry's words and pointed towards the door for emphasis.

Harry got up off the bed, standing on the opposite side. "I don't understand why you're acting like this, your mood is all over the place and I think you're lying. You like me and that's why you get so worked up about Zayn."

Niall shook his head, "I don't."

"Yes you do!" He raised his voice some and walked around the bed, standing within arms length of the beta. "Stop lying and just admit it, it's not like I'm not going to stop hanging out with you."