III. Need you tonight

Start from the beginning

"I'll tell you what. I have class tomorrow morning with Michelle. I'll invite her for a drink at Roxy and tell her you and some friends will be there too. Perfect opportunity to make your move."

"Thanks Nina. You really are the best." He glowed.

"I have my moments." The girl winked and was rewarded with a kick against the legs. She gasped and almost fell from her chair. She eyed her friend and gave him a cold glare.

"What was that for?" She asked bewildered.

"For being so cocky." Niall said. Nina sighed and looked at her watch. Her eyes widened and she cursed the time for moving this fast. She stood up and immediately started packing her polaroid-photographs she had shown her friend earlier.

"I've got to go." She stated.

"Clearly." Niall answered. "What's up with you lately, you've been crazy busy these past two weeks. And yes, I do mean, even more busy than usual. We've barely seen each other."

"I know, I'm sorry," Nina stopped her actions and sighed. "Two weeks ago, I had to have a few minutes extra to finish my task for Mrs B and she sort of gave me an ultimatum." The girl quickly explained.

"Isn't giving extra time without medical reasons against school policy?" Niall asked confused to which Nina nodded.

"Exactly. So now, in exchange for the extra time, I have to tutor French to some kid in secret, because apparently it's a private matter." Niall nodded, finally understanding why his friend had been even more stressed than usual.

"You're heading to your lesson now?" Nina nodded in response. "Who's the kid?"

Silence fell between the two friends. Niall gazed at Nina with an intrigued look, he knew something was up. The fact that she didn't spontaneously spill the beans meant something wasn't running smoothly in Nina's life. She was a very private person, some might even say mysterious, but she never was like that with him. He kept looking at the young woman, urging her to tell him. But Nina didn't want to because somehow, mentioning Harry to Niall would make everything feel like a confirmation of the emotional struggles she had been dealing with lately.

"N? Who is it?" Niall pulled her out of her own thoughts with a much gentler voice then before.

"Harry Styles." Nina said in a small voice. She looked up at her friend and saw a soft smile form on his lips, yet she didn't miss the hidden confusion in his eyes. She shook her hand and pointed at her watch.

"I have to go. We'll talk later, yeah?" She smiled a forced one.

"Promise?" Niall asked. "I want to know what's going on with you." He stated. Nina smiled and bent down to kiss his cheek.

"Promise."

•|•

Her lush, pink lips would form the most wonderful phrases, the French sounding so mesmerisingly sexy to Harry, especially when Nina was the one pronouncing it. He knew very well he shouldn't just be listening to how Nina pronounced each syllable, but actually listen to what she was saying.

She let her hand wander through her golden hair, brushing the back of her hand softly against his shoulder. The feeling burned, prickled and left behind delicious tickles which made Harry want to bend Nina over the kitchen counter they were currently sitting at and fuck her into oblivion.

The same question repeated itself over and over again in his head. What the fuck was happening to him?

It wasn't the first time in the last two weeks since they've met that Nina was the source for his distraction. He had found himself thinking about her in combination with other inappropriate things on several random occasions. Late night in bed being one of those random occasions.