Epilogue.

Epilogue.

Lucas stood at the end of the aisle underneath the Jacaranda tree. He glanced towards the crowd and saw his mom and dad sitting front row with smiles plastered on their faces. Maya stood to his right and was glowing with her pregnancy now that she was 7 months along. Zay proposed 1 week after Riley got engaged and of course Maya said yes. But, she wanted to lose all of the baby weight before she said 'I do' despite Zay's protest saying how gorgeous she is.

Riley and Emily had planned a wedding in 5 months so they could have it outside and not burn to a crisp, but the tree was still in full bloom. Zay was his best man and he turned to glance at him. "Take it easy Luke, I've got both pieces of jewelry and in 20 minutes Riley Matthews, will be Riley Friar."

Charlie had cleaned up his act and finished the required amount of community service and paid off the hefty fine that came along with his punishment. His license was still suspended but Riley would take Emily over there every other weekend and though she still fussed about going over there, their father daughter relationship had grown immensely. "Riley Friar, damn if that doesn't sound good." They both laughed and that's when the music changed. "There's my princess."

Emily sauntered down the aisle in a lilac dress and her blonde hair was cascading into curls with her nails painted. She thought she could rule the world with those painted nails. Rose petals fell to the grass as she released them from her grasp. There was a sign attached to the basket that Lucas couldn't help but laugh at, one of Riley's surprises.

Daddy it's too late to run 'cause here she comes.

About 2 months ago Emily started calling him dad randomly. It was really out of the blue and when asked about it she said;

Because he's my daddy. I love him.

Lucas cried for a good 5 minutes, silently and not in front of anyone of course. He was always astonished at how these girls could easily send him into tears. He'd never cried so much in his life than he had this past year.

Lucas knelt down when Emily stood in front of him, "She's still back there right?"

"Yes." She giggled, "She looks beautiful."

"I bet she does." He kissed her cheek, "Go stand by Aunt Maya princess. I love you."

"I love you too daddy."

No matter how many times I hear that it still warms my damn heart.

The song changed again and this was when Lucas' nerves overwhelmed him.

Heart beats fast
Colors and promises
How to be brave?
How can I love when I'm afraid to fall?
But watching you stand alone,
All of my doubt suddenly goes away somehow.

Everyone rose from their chair as Auggie gestured from outside the tent she was getting ready to come out.

I have died every day waiting for you
Darling, don't be afraid I have loved you
for a thousand years
I'll love you for a thousand more

Riley stepped out of the white fabric tent and Lucas felt as if his heart had stopped. She looked angelic as the sun began to set behind her. He exhaled and tried to hide the fact he was about to cry again, he silently cursed the tears and ended up letting them free. "It's alright man, it's what happens when you're in love."

Time stands still
Beauty in all she is
I will be brave
I will not let anything take away
What's standing in front of me
Every breath
Every hour has come to this

One step closer