She laughs lightly. "I know. I love you." She kisses me. "Are we going inside, or are we spending the day at your doorway?"

"You're so annoying."

"You love me."

"You're alright," I joke. I lead her into my room, and we catch up for a while.

Two hours into our ceaseless conversations and playful banters, Alessandra and I are cut short by her ringing phone.

"Just a sec," Alessandra says as she lies down on my lap, and puts her phone on loudspeaker.

"Hey, Al!" a man greets.

"Hi, Ben. What's up?"

"We have a mini high school reunion tomorrow evening at my club. You're going, right?"

"What time?"

"Around 8-ish. Free drinks. Everyone's going to be there."

"Can I bring a date?"

"Of course. If you have any hot friends, bring them along, too."

She laughs, and I feel myself falling in love for the nth time. Wow, I'm whipped. "Text me the details. I'll be there."

"Awesome. Oh, Juliet's going to be there, too, by the way."

The carefree look on Alessandra's face very subtly fades. "Schmidt?"

"Yeah. Just a heads up. No worries, though. Our entire batch is going to be there. It's not likely that you'd bump into her."

"Yeah. Okay."

"You're still going, right?"

"Yeah. I—I got to go. I'll see you tomorrow."

"See you," Ben says, and Alessandra immediately ends the call.

I take her phone and set it on the bedside table. "What's the matter?"

She holds my hand and plays with my fingers. "It's... I don't know."

"Is this because of the Juliet chick that Ben mentioned?" I ask. No response. "Is she a bully? Enemy?" She lightly shakes her head. "Okay. If you don't want to talk about it, it's all right." I kiss her hand.

"Juliet's my ex girlfriend."

Oh. "Should I be worried?"

"No. Definitely not," she says sincerely. "I'm all yours."

I frown. "Why do you seem... off, then?"

She kisses the back of my hand. "I'm not. I just haven't seen her since we split, and I don't really know how to feel."

"Okay."

She smiles. "Are you jealous?" I shake my head no, and my frown deepens. "Aww, Lauren! In the two years we've been together, this is literally the first time I've seen you jealous. It's cute."

"I'm not jealous," I assert through a clenched jaw. "I trust you." It's true. I've never been jealous. But that was because those who flirted with her never stood a chance. This one's completely different. Alessandra was Juliet's before I even met Alessandra.

She loosens up at my jealousy, and her carefree vibe is back. "Look at me." I follow, and I get lost in her ethereal eyes. She interlaces her fingers with my own. "You have nothing to be jealous of, though it's adorable that you are. I love you, and I'm all yours. I promise."

My worries disappear at the honesty of her words and the love in her eyes. "Okay."

"Huh. Who knew that the Lauren Rubio actually gets jealous," she taunts. This girl will be the death of me.

"You just love messing with me, hmm?"

She traces my jawline. "What're you going to do about it, Rubio?" Her moods are more erratic than her schedule. Though the latter bothers me, the former definitely does not.

I find myself unknowingly biting my lower lip as I gawk at the goddess in front of me. Two weeks of abnegation of sex was definitely excruciating.

"Are you going to just stare at me and hope that my clothes melt?" she starts, "or are you finally going to make up for two weeks' worth of frustration?"

AN: New story! What do you guys think? I'm working on writing not just conversations, and I don't know how it's going so far because I really prefer writing just conversations but I wanted to try something new. Votes, comments, and constructive criticism are immensely appreciated. 🌹