First Battle: Ashley

I raced behind her to the gate with a wide smirk to my face, the excitement of my first battle pumped through my veins and before i knew it we were outside Oak's lab. "OK, we need a battle field. We can't just block peoples path" I suggested to which Ashley pointed to a house. "How about my back yard?", "wait you live here?" I asked to which she replied "yes, now stop wasting time! LETS BATTLE!". we both headed to the field behind her home and stood a fair distance away from each other, both holding a determined look to our faces. It was obvious none of us was willing to lose.

"OK, PIKACHU I CHOOSE YOU!" she summoned her partner which responded with a cry of its name as it ran the length of her arm jumped onto the battle arena. "OK! EEVEE GO FOR IT!" I yelled, "EEVEE!" my Eevee dashed from my side to face the Pikachu it just befriended. "So here goes we are our pokemon's eyes and mind. In battles, according to my father, we have to aid our Pokémon, help them dodge, tell them which attack to use, and the like. Got that?" she yelled to me giving me the advice. "Yes got that" was my reply.

"Pikachu thunder shock it!" she ordered her Pokémon that leaped into the air. "PIKA!" curling up mid air electricity engulfed its body and soon enough, "CHUUUUUUUU!" its cheeks sent out a trail of electricity heading to my Eevee. a little shocked I was a little hesitant, knowing not what to do, I was nervous, and Eevee could feel the tension in me as the bolt hit her. "Are you even trying?" laughed Ashley as my Eevee flew into the air and landed with a loud thud on the ground. "Eevee!" I yelled to it checking if it was ok and it responded with an unsure " Eevee?". "confidence Mado, trust your pokemon's abilities and you will achieve a lot, that was another quote from my father!" smiled Ashley, " now show me what you got!". "Alright! Eevee tackle that Pikachu my voice was still a bit weak but Eevee went on to tackle the Pikachu, "quick attack!" cried Ashley to her Pikachu that dodged Eevee's tackle and then hit it sending it flying to a tree, however I managed to catch it and cradle it in my arms. "Eevee?" Eevee's eyes just looked at me it knew I had the potential and it saw in my arms the fear of not being good enough so it pushed away from me and with a confident cry "EEVEE!" it looked at me slowly instilling confidence into me. its expresssion says it got it, that gave me a little confidence to go with so with that I looked at Ashley. "So you ready to lose?" laughed Ashley as she pointed her finger at Eevee "ok Pikachu finish it off with a thunder shock!" Pikachu leaped into the air again, "Eevee I believe in you but this one is gonna be different listen to me" Pikachu was now about to engulf itself in electricity, "OK Eevee use your head and hit that Pikachu!" "EEVEE!" it dashed towards the pikachu and jumped at it knocking it with her head stopping the attack. "EEVEE!" screamed Eevee at the Pikachu.

"Finally some action", smiled Ashley as she order a quick attack from pikachu. "JUMP EEVEE!" eevee jumped to my order as Pikachu lunged at it and then head butted him to the ground. "AGILITY!" demanded Ashley as Pikachu dashed about the place somewhat causing Eevee to get dizzy. " Now quick attack!". Pikachu sprinted at my dizzy Eevee and it was about to collapse to the floor "Eevee close your eyes and follow my voice!" to which it closed its eyes but Pikachu had slammed into her and she was getting weak. " Eevee!" her cry was weak but she still had the will to fight, Pikachu was also almost out of breathe.

"ok Eevee follow my lead use your sand attack then hit it with a tail whip!", " EEVEE!" a determined screech came from her as she began to kick up sand. "Pikachu agility!" ordered Ashley but sand was all in Pikachu's eyes and it couldn't move, then Eevee rushed over to it and slapped it with its tail causing the Pikachu to fall to the ground. "OK that's enough Mado!" Ashley rushed over to her pokemon and cradled it in her arms, " I guess we're even", she walked up to me and extended her arm. Eevee crawled over to my side as I shook Ashley's hand with a smile. "Anyway I'd better head to Viridean city my dad asked me to collect something for him from there and then give it to his friend Brock at Peweter city, I'm also gonna challenge the gym leader there. They say he is a rock type trainer." "sure I'll meet you there then!" I smiled as I watched her dash off out of Pallet.

"So, Eevee, you ready to start our adventure?" I asked my Pokemon with a smile on my face as it replied with an ecstatic tone, "EEVEE". We both began heading towards the pallet town entrance as eevee somewhat danced her way along. "Hold up! You there!" a strange masculine voice came from behind me as an adult rushed behind me and then stopped before me. "You just battled my daughter Ashley didn't you? well could you give her these? I'm sure she is gonna need em, oh and I'm Ash Ketchum, here you ,may need these yourself." he handed me ten Pokeballs, five for me and five for Ashley. "Hey! Boy!" came another voice but this time it was professor Oak, "you forgot to take a pokedex, it has your trainer ID and its also an encyclopedia on Pokemon" He gave me two, "the second one is for your friend, since ash here gave you Pokeballs to give her, it wont hurt to add that to the mix" he had an awkward smile before leaving me with Ash. "That's professor Oak for ya!" Laughed Ash as he headed back to his home, "be sure to say hi to her! Oh and tell her to always wear clean underwear!" now I had an awkward smile to my face as Eevee just dropped to the floor. "OK Eevee lets just go before we witness more weirdness". With that we made our way to route one.