10. First Time

There's no use. It's pointless to try and cover up these bruises and scratch marks. I don't cover them. Previously I woke up during sunrise and snuck into my house.

Mom doesn't know. She text me thinking I slept over at Shawn's last night. And I don't plan on coming home today with all these marks on my face. My body doesn't really ache but it's mainly my face all tattered up.

During first period I sit with my head down until I had a gasp. "Cam!" Shawn shouts and comes right next to me. "Baby, you okay. No you're not. Oh!" A phrase I get far too much from Shawn and Nash. 'You okay.' No!

"You didn't even clean them..." Shawn takes my hand and pulls me out the room. "Who did this? And when?" Shawn asks but I don't reply, feeling awfully bad for myself. I look at the mirror and see myself, I did nothing wrong to be this person in the mirror.

"Matthew did it." I say softly, hoping not to attract too much attention to whoever is in the restrooms. "Nash's boyfriend?! Why would he do that? You know, I'm going to have to talk to him! Told you Nash was no good."

"Don't blame Nash for it. I'm sure he has nothing to do with it." I tell him. And as if on queue, Nash appears in the mirror behind me and whispers, "Had nothing to do with what?" And once he sees me he turns me around. "Oh, Cameron."

Shawn shoves Nash away from me and puts the damp paper towel over my cheekbone. "Move it Nash. I've got it." Shawn snarls, I wince at the coldness seeping into my skin. The rush is amazing. It burns but feels so good. "Well, let me help with the other side." Nash offers. Shawn shrugs and hands him a paper towel.

Here I have, as I sit onto the counter top, a boy I use to love, and someone I've grown infatuated over, on either sides of me, cleaning up my scars that I've received for no reason.

"Well, Cameron says your boyfriend did it." Shawn snaps with a low tone as he rubs the side of my neck. "Matthew did this?" Nash pants, he holds his chest. "Oh..." Nash's body gets light as he falls over to me, he's gagging over the sink as his hand holds my thigh.

"It's not just about you." Shawn rolls his eyes. "Shawn, calm down. When he worries or stressed out he gets nauseous. Leave him the fuck, alone." I snap at Shawn and hold onto my throat that hurts now from raising my voice, I did get strangled til I passed out last night. "I'm sorry." Shawn whispers.

"I'll, I'll talk to him about it..." Nash picks up. "Matthew. Do you have something to do with Cameron's harassment?" He says sternly though the phone. I start to feel my head ache, too many voices at once. Shawn whispering and asking if I'm alright, Nash beginning to yell on the phone with a buzzing noise from his call.

My legs are spread with Shawn in between it as he hugs me with his arms around my waist. He just holds me as we listen to Nash's weak voice. And it feels nice to have Shawn with me like this, but I still promise myself, I'll never fall in love with him again.

"We didn't do anything? It doesn't mean you have to beat him up for it! Could of confront me first before beating up my friend?" Nash shouts. He takes a big breath of air and puts his hand onto his head. "Whatever. I'm busy." Nash ends the call and looks at me.

"Yeah... He did it." Nash's eyes are watery as he sniffles. "I'm sorry he did." I open my arms for Nash to engulf in, while now I have Shawn and Nash on either sides hugging me. (What, up in this bitch, threesome moment or what.)

I shrug them off of me and look at myself in the mirror once again. "Don't know what I did? I've got a good life, had a good life. A best friend, a new friend, the college I want, a happy, proud mom, why did I get beat up?"

"Someone told him we slept together." Nash whispers soft. I look at him through the mirror and sigh. Shawn stands there uncomfortably crossing his arms. Thing is, we didn't, at least what he might think, all we've ever done, twice, was share the same floor and bed to fall asleep, but we've never slangily slept together.