“Why so he can beat her again?” Steve questioned with venom.

                “You know about that?” Samantha didn’t have to fake her surprise.

                “Everyone knows about that,” Steve informed her. “But there’s not much we can do with Abbey unwilling to press charges.”

                Samantha said nothing. She knew that Abbey had tried to press charges, she’d tried to get help, but Jason had helped Joseph out and kept Abbey from being able to do either. Samantha knew her husband kept Joseph out of trouble. He kept him out of drinking and driving charges, drug charges, abuse charges—at first she’d been upset about it but she’d learned that it was what it was and that if Abbey was a real woman she’d deal with her husband herself.

                “He went to Wyoming, Steve, because they were tracking Joseph’s truck that Abbey stole and that’s where it was leading them. They were going to rent a car once they landed at the airport.”

                “Alright then, Samantha, I’ll start making calls. Those rent-a-cars have G.P.S. systems so I should be able to track whatever car they rented and find them.”

                Samantha thanked him and hung up the phone. She knew that Steve would find out where Jason was and Samantha just had to hope like crazy that he wasn’t lying dead in a ditch or shacked up in a hotel with some bimbo his brother picked up.

                If the latter were the case then Samantha would kill both men herself. It wouldn’t be the first time that Joseph had led Jason down that road but it would certainly be the last.

***

                Abbey felt warm and safe as she snuggled her back against the warm wall of muscle behind her and pressed her face tighter against the firm chest in front of her, finding peace in the sound of the beating heart beneath her ear.

                A tangle of arms and legs encased her and Abbey slowly opened her eyes to find herself staring at a black t-shirt. She glanced upward to find Marcus looking back down at her. His ice blue eyes were full of passion and something else… a tenderness that no man other than Julian and Marcus had ever looked at her with.

                She felt the body behind her shift and move closer to her and knew that it was Julian.

                Awareness washed through her body. A heat and desire that made breathing difficult. She had no idea how the men had come to be in the bed with her but she was happy they had. Abbey couldn’t explain just how much it meant to feel so safe, so warm, so protected, so loved…..

                She shook her head and looked away from Marcus. Love? Love was a fairy tale. Or at least it was for her. She was their mate and it was only nature and duty that had them so enthralled with her; not that she was complaining.