Chapter IX

Chapter 9

jongdae.

Kaeun's POV

I've been staying out of my room for the past 2 hours waiting for Jongdae to come home. He forgot to bring his food with him last night and didn't bother to come back to get it. I was really worried if he even ever ate anything. I was hoping he would. I've heard from his brothers that there was a possiblity that he would debut soon. My mind was starting to picture what it would be like to have a brother who grows as a full and gorgeous singing star. I haven't heard his voice yet. Apparently, he was too busy going out for training in a rush.

According to the brothers, he's been in training for nearly 6 years in that SM company. He dropped out of school just to reach for that dream, I was not surprised that Jian allowed him to do all that. He must be a really understanding father. 

A week passed eversince that incident, and things started to flow back to the way it was. Day by day, the distance between the 12 brothers and I is surprisingly getting smaller and smaller. I still had that thing for Lay but I decided to put it away for now. What was keeping me happy was the rest of them. I didn't have hard feelings for Lay though.

Our parents are getting married soon in 2 weeks. I can't drag my feelings to such dismay that it would break what I have with Lay right now. I'd rather hide my feelings forever than avoiding Lay for the rest of my life. I am still anticipating for the chance to fall for someone else. "Hello Princess", Baekhyun popped out of nowhere. I blinked when I saw his sudden appearance infront of me while sitting in the garden. "You seem troubled", he sat down beside on the green-emerald grass. "First off, I thought I told you guys to stop calling me Princess. Second, I am not troubled. I'm just thinking", I corrected him, ending up pouting my lips.

"Thinking of what? Thinking whether to object or not on the wedding day of our parents?", Baekhyun joked, chuckling. I shook my head while continuing to smile. "No. I've fully decided that Jian can be my mother's new husband...and my new father", I grinned. "Of course, I'm just scared. I wonder what my dad would be thinking right now", I looked down to my skirt. 

"I'm sure your father is happy. You know what, he's really happy right now because you're going to witness your mom's face getting married again", Baekhyun looked up to the clouds as it covered the sun, as if there was someone waving down to us. I looked up and asked, "Are you really happy, dad?", I muttered to the lumps of cottons of the sky. I felt someone's fingers pull my chin, "I know he is. I'm happy to see that you're happy as well", Baekhyun's expression changed, he was soft-looking and affectionate. A face of Baekhyun's that I've never seen.

"You know things too well. Where'd you get that from?", I asked. He shrugged, "I don't know but it's certainly not from my dad. Hell no way", he lied down the grass. I gaped, "Why not? He's your father. You should've have atleast some traits from him", I said. Baekhyun shook his head, completely disagreeing. "What kind of a son are you?", I gasped.

"Don't misunderstand. It applies to all of us", Baekhyun kept his eyes to the sky. "What do you mean?", I wondered, deeply curious because the topic was slowly getting off. "We're just adopted, Kaeun. Every single one of us", he said. I paused for a moment, took it in. Adopted? All of them? 

"H-How? Why?", questions started to line up in my brain. No wonder they're all different from each other and none of them had a resemblance from Jian. "All of us have a story. Want to hear mine?", Baekhyun sat up and looked at me. "Is it okay for you to share?", I asked, assuringly. Baekhyun comfortably nodded. "It was back then I was a kid. I was kidnapped and my parents were murdered in front of my eyes. Jian was a part of a secret organization who took me into their home. When I came, Luhan, Kris, Minseok, Suho and Sehun were already here", he explained.