Chapter 5

At Janani's home,

"Hey Janani!" shouted her mother as she finished tying Sumi's hair into a braid.

Janani came stomping to the hall where her mom was. "Coming mom..why do you do this? I can do it on my own!" she replied angrily.

"As though you will do it.. sit down. I'm getting late. I need to go to the US Embassy" said her mother.

"Now who is crying that we aren't going to US? Just because your sister settled there does it means we have to settle there too?" asked Janani as her mother starts untying her messy bun to retie it into a braid.

"Your job is to study well and pass with 90% in your exams, thats all you have to do. I know what is good for the both of you." said Janani's mom as Janani remained silent.

That evening at tuition Janani and her friends were seated at their bench waiting for their tutor.

"Good Evening Sir." wished the students as the tutor walked in.

"Good Evening, Good Evening. For one day you all came before me. Very surprising. Sit down." said the tutor.

"Sir you are late!" shouted a boy from the back of the class.

"Hey! who is that buffalo!?" asked the tutor.

Janani slowly looked infront to her right side where Ram and Kumara sits. But found no one there and looked back at her book.

"Hey dude we should have came another 10 minutes late." said Kumara to Ram as the jumped to class.

"Buffalos'! don't you know how to say excuse me before entering the class." said the tutor.

"Excuse me Sir!" said Ram and Kumara.

"Saying excuse me after entering the class!!" exclaimed the tutor.

Ram and Kumara jumped to their seats and sat down neatly like gentlemen.As soon as Ram seated he slowly turned back to look at Janani, she looked back at him and didn't take her eyes off him as Ram smiled a bit at the end of his lips.

Janani cut the looks and got back to writing the notes being dictated by the tutor. Ram bit his lips and looked at her puzzled as he looked infront at the tutor.

Back at home, Ram studied a lot on the subject. Next day he waited for Janani at the same spot he waited for her after tuition on the first day.

"Talk to me dude! Atleast just look at me dude!" sobbed Kumara as he walked around Ram who was seated on his bike looking at the end of the road for Janani.

"Ahh! they have come! Don't know if they go to school like this punctually. Don't come here after!" said Kumara as he threw a tiny stone towards them.

"What look is that?" asked Kumara when Ram looked at him in a way with a smile after Janani rode her bicycle pass Ram and Kumara.

At tuition the next day Ram as normal slowly turned to look back at Janani, when suddenly...

"Hey! get up!" shouted the tutor.

Ram looked at Kumara in a funny way and asked him to get up.

"What are you looking at? I have been noticing you for the past few days. Get up." said the tutor.

Kumara slowly got up and looked at the tutor.

"Not you buffalo! sit. Hello Brother, get up. Get up sir." The tutor ordered Ram as he slowly got up.

"State Gauss law. Answer me" said the tutor.

"Gauss law sir?" asked Ram.

"Then what? your mother in law?" asked the tutor arrogantly.

"Okay sir. Gauss law also knows as....." "He doesn't know the answer said Kumara to the boy sitting next to him as Ram started explaining about Gauss law.

Janani and her friends stared at Ram with a surprising look.

"Anything else sir?" asked Ram after finishing his explanation.

"uh.. very good. Sit down boy. Don't sit next to him. He will spoil you.Have you paid your fees boy?"continued the tutor.

"Yes sir" answered Ram as he stood up carrying his books to change place to the bench next to Janani.

"Very good. You are keen in that too. Buffalo, your fees is pending for three months" said the tutor to Kumara.

"Its a big deal that I come for tuition itself sir" answered Kumara arrogantly.

After tuition as they were getting out of class Kumara started complaining about the tutor.

"If a guy doesn't know the answer means, these teachers use them for time pass throughout the class." sobbed Kumara.

The next morning Ram took Kumara and Senthil, another one of his best friend to the spot where Ram always waits for Janani after tuition.

"Is this a job?" asked Senthil.

"Senthil, tell him. Taking me along with him to see this girl and he is spoiling my studies too" complained Kumara to Senthil.

"Don't do comedy at this time." said Senthil to Kumara as Ram watched Janani passing by.

"She looks beautiful in school uniform than in colour dresses right dude?" asked Ram.

"You told me that she is beautiful in colour dresses than in uniform the other day." said Kumara.

"Have she heard it?" asked Ram as Janani stopped her bicycle and told her friends to wait there as she walked towards Ram.

"Thats it dude! mission accomplished! love success. Lets go home now!" said Kumara with happiness.

"Dude lets stand 5 steps back." adviced Senthil to Kumara.

Janani stood infront of Ram as he slowly got off his bike and stood still.

"Hi" said Ram.

"Your name is Ram, am I right?" asked Janani.

Ram smiled and nodded his head.

"Why do you keep following me where ever I go?" she asked.

Ram's smile turned down.

"See Ram, following me like this, waiting where I go, don't do it. If anyone sees and tells my parents then I will be in great trouble. So, I hope you understand okay?" ended Janani as she turned back to walk to her bicycle.

"One minute" said Ram.

"I wont follow you.. I wont wait.. I wont come behind you. Just give me your phone number and go." said Ram casually.

"How decently am I telling you and look at how indecently you are behaving back to me. Please understand okay?" said Janani as she quickly walked to her bicycle and moved away from that place.

Ram walked to Kumara and Senthil looking down at the ground and saw their funny faces with anger.

"Are you guys teasing me!?" shouted Ram as he chased them away.