BRIDGING GAPS

ASHLEY'S POV

I walked out of his room confused. I had never had a man deny me before. I could always get a man to give me what I wanted. Why was Luca different?

I could tell he wanted me but he was resisting. I couldn't blame him though. I would have done the same in his position.

For the first time I felt remorse for what I had done to him. I deserved the way he treated me. He was right. It was silly of me to think sex would fix things. I had to fix things. I just didn't know how.

LUCA'S POV

Ashley left and I knew she felt bad I could feel it. I just wasn't ready to forgive her yet. She hurt me and I wanted her to truly understand that. I wanted to know that she wanted me for me not what I had become. I wanted her to love me. I wanted to grow to love her. Most of all I wanted to trust her.

I walked down stairs planning on going out to clear my head. I ran into the person I wasn't quite ready to face, Maxine.

I knew she was hurting and it wasn't my intention. What do you say to someone whose heart you've broken?

"Take a walk with please. I know you don't want to but we need to talk" I told her.

She nodded in agreement and we walked out the door. We began walking the path in a comfortable silence until I decided to break it.

"I know you don't want to hear this but I'm sorry. I know you truly care for me and it hurts that I hurt you" I told her honestly.

"Luca I told you it's not your fault. I know you never meant for any of this to happen. You're right I do care for you. Probably more than I should considering the circumstances. I'm sure I will always care about you. But I have to accept that you don't belong to me" she said.

I was stunned at her words. Once again she surprised me. I never expected her to understand. Nevertheless she did.

"Thank you for saying that. You know I care about you as well and I probably always will. But fate had other plans and we both have to accept it"

"Do you love her?" she asked me suddenly.

I was caught off guard by the question and it took me a while to answer.

"Honestly I don't know. My wolf loves her that much is clear. But I have my doubts. I think maybe I could grow to love her, if she truly changed. I just need to know she can be trusted. I want to try to forgive her for the sake of our wolves but I don't know if I can" I said truthfully.

"You have to forgive her Luca. I know it won't be easy and it will take some time but it's the right thing to do. You know as well as I do the moongoddess makes no mistakes and mates are chosen for a reason. Don't worry about me. I will find my other half. You focus on fixing yours.

I don't know if you knew this or not but me and Ashley were best friends when we were younger and she wasn't aways this way. Things happened and we grew apart. We no longer held the same interests but somewhere deep down she's good. You just have to dig deep enough. If anyone can fix her it's you"

I didn't know what to say. I knew she was right but how could I fix Ashley? How could I bring the good out of her? Was there even any left?  

"Did something happen to her? Something that made her this way?" I asked curiously.

"Honestly no. There is no tragic life story. Its just that she got so wrapped up in who she wanted to become she lost herself. Neither one of us were popular as kids which is why we were close.

Ashley always wanted to be noticed, while I could care less. One day a guy took in interest in her and she was so happy that he noticed her. She started developing and realized she could use her body to get what she wanted. She started dressing differently and people noticed her. Before I knew it she started calling me names like the rest of them and saying I would always be at the bottom. She became what you see today"

It made since. I wasn't ready to forgive her but I wanted to understand her. Now I was a little closer to doing just that.

ELDER JOHN

I was looking through some records trying to figure out how all the pieces fit together. I knew that Maxine had alpha blood that much was certain. But with Ashley I wasn't sure.

I had been going through her family history trying to find a connection but it was proving difficult.

There were crucial gaps that needed to be filled before I could be certain.

The results were due to arrive any day now and maybe they would be able to shed some light on things.

I was determined to get to the bottom of things and see what Luca was dealing with. If she had the faintest amount of alphablood I would find it. If not he had a huge decision to make.