She takes in a deep breath before letting it out and saying, "Okay, first off, we'll learn how to take out your wings then we'll talk, alright?"

"Okay." I reply and stand up when she motions me to.

"Take off your upper clothes," She instructs and I do so quickly, leaving the bra unclasped. "Clear your mind from any thoughts, don't be distracted."

Closing my eyes, I tilt my head to the side to release some of the tension before releasing a deep breath. But I can't seem to do it; my mind is fully occupied with countless thoughts and questions from everything. I can't just clear my mind when there are shits fucking it up.

My back burns and I wince in pain, my eyebrows furrowing when I feel Master Effie's hands grip my arms. "Fuck, Tallulah, clear your mind!" She hisses.

Again, it's not that easy; I can't just clear my mind in a matter of seconds just because she asked me to. The harder I try to clear it; the more pain I feel in my back. I choke out a pained sound, feeling my eyes burn with tears from the unbearable pain in my back.

"Stop, Tallulah, stop! You're bleeding, fuck!" Master Effie panics as I let out another whimper and fall to my knees; my legs losing all of its powers to hold me up. The stinging in my back increasing and increasing, giving me nothing but pain and torture. What is happening?

"Fuck," I hear Master Effie cursing as she searches on the table for something frantically before finding it; a needle. Suddenly, I feel a sharp pain in my back, like someone is tearing my skin slowly and I let out a loud scream of pain, feeling the tears rolling down my face.

Almost immediately, I feel a small sting in my back as Master Effie presses the needle inside me. It doesn't work instantly; I keep whimpering and screaming in pain for a few minutes before I feel the pain decreasing and vanishing.

Exhaustedly, I let my body fall on the floor as my panting becomes the only audible sound in the room. After another few minutes, I feel a wet piece of cloth on my back as Master Effie cleans the blood on my skin. I tiredly attempt to stand up before I sit down on a chair.

"What happened?" I ask, my voice coming out hoarse and unclear.

Master Effie shakes her head and sighs. "The usual."

"What do you mean?" I question quietly, furrowing my eyebrows.

"It happened with me in the beginning, too," She runs a hand over her face. "I expected it to happen with you, too, but it's only this time; it won't happen again."

"No, no, no, wait," I slowly turn around in my seat to face her. "What do you mean it happened to you, too?"

"I mean to say," She takes a deep breath. "That I'm like you, Tallulah."

I keep staring at her, not blinking once as I let her words sink in, but they won't. "What?"

She huffs and rolls her eyes. "I'm like you, Tallulah. My mother was a human and my father was a sorcerer. I also have no powers."

"What... No way... Ho—How is that? How did it happen?" I ask frantically. How many secrets lies between the gates of the village? How many people are not pure? How many people are breaking the laws? This can't be true.

"It was a long time ago, of course, but my father did what your mother did. He covered it up by marrying another sorcerer from here. Of course, he'd sneak out with me sometimes and let me see my mother, that is until three years ago, when Adair killed my father and my mother."

I gasp, remembering Esme and Wren telling me this story. With a racing heart, I ask, "How did he do that?"

"Well, his son was the one who found out," She scoffs and looks down at the floor. "He is like a fucking hunter."

I feel the tears in my eyes again as I ask in a whisper, "Conall?"

Her eyes shoot up to mine, wide and alerting as she furrows her eyebrows at me, "How... How did you know?"

I close my eyes when one tear rolls down and breathe out, "Oh, Lyara..."

"Tallulah... How did you know it was him? Did someone tell you?" She hisses.

"No," I say, letting out a choked breath. "But he is after me."

"Oh my fuck," She stands up and starts pacing around the room. "When did he know about your family?"

"I don't know," I shake my head and decide to tell her. "But he knows about me and Louis."

She stops and looks at me suspiciously. "Who is Louis?"

I keep staring at her eyes for a while, debating whether or not I should tell her. But I already spilled half of it, she'll know if I lie. "He is a human."

Surprisingly, she stays calm and keeps her gaze on me as she asks, "Are you two in a relationship?"

"Not anymore," I reply quietly, looking back and forth between her cold eyes.

"How?"

"He ended things yesterday because he couldn't stay with me, because I'm different." I tell her. The words like hell on my tongue.

"So he knows about you." She states.

"Yes." I nod.

"Hope you know that ending things between you and him doesn't end what Conall started," She says quietly. "You're doomed, Tallulah."

"You don't know that." I say, wiping away my tears and standing up to put the rest of my clothes. No one knows what will happen, so they should stop guessing before I lose my sanity.

"I know that the Adair men are obsessed, and they will not stop until they get what they want." She warns.

"Well, I'm not stopping until I get what I want, too." I reply coldly before I leave the room.

If Adair and Conall wants to start a war, then I'm willing to fight till my last breath to get my freedom.

I changed the cover to Tallulah's back tattoo, what do you think?   What do you think will happen? Also... Colton Haynes came out as gaaaaaay! Sir Artair is truly gay, fuck I'm happy!

Hope you enjoyed it. Thank you for reading and please, don't forget to vote and comment! I love you!