1

DELHI

26-12-2015
10:32 am

The loud cacophony of the honking vehicles irritated her. She was already late to work and a traffic jam was the last thing she wanted at this time.

Above that, the two co-passengers in the share rickshaw in which she was currently stuck in, were staring right through her, unapologetically.
One was a guy in his teens and the other seemed like a local goon. She wasn't comfortable with all the unwanted attention she was currently getting.

"Calm down Jazz..just a bad start to the day...you can handle this!",she reminded herself.

That's when a little girl came and asked her for alms. Her wet eyes demanded some respite. But she was out of any luck.

Jazz refused and looked away as usual. She felt bad for the little girl,but couldn't do anything.

"Fate",she thought to herself.

That word reminded her about her life till now.
How she and her friends had so much fun during college days,how she managed to clear her exams somehow, how her life has been easy till date,devoid of much struggles.

Except this job.

She didn't want to put much pressure on her parents. Her Dad worked at a local bank and is nearing retirement. Her Mom conducts regular tuitions. But she didn't want to spend her life till her marriage doing nothing. She wanted to be self dependent, although for a small period of time. The job at this call center assured her of that wish, although that meant living away from her family.

"Had I studied a bit seriously, I would have landed at a way better job.", she reminds herself everyday, only to cringe at the very thought.

Meanwhile, the traffic was still moving at snail's pace which irked her even more. To distract herself,she opened her Instagram account and uploaded a selfie which she had clicked half an hour ago. The very reason she is late now.

The moment she uploaded her picture, she received a notification-
which she knew was bound to come.

"rahul.sharma7 liked your photo."

That brought a wide smile on her face. But then she realised that she was missing him badly. The engagement ring on her finger made her miss him even more.

Rahul is a smart guy who works at Delhi for a top software firm. She got to know Rahul through their common friend Ashika at a party exactly a year ago. And slowly, things fell in place and finally,she told her parents about him. They were more than happy for her since Rahul seemed the perfect guy any girl can get. (His MBA tag too helped him very much.)

Soon both the families met and a month ago they got engaged happily. But Rahul is currently at Mumbai for some project that his team has undertaken and will return only after a few weeks. That made her feel lonely. She didn't have much friends now. Her neighbour and colleague Swati was the only friend she made here.

Swati was beautiful and style conscious as Jasleen herself. They shared common interests (main being they loved Brad Pitt more than anyone else) and that made their bonding process easy.
Both these glam divas made everyone's heads turn wherever they went. Also, they had been in more than 10 relationships till date. And as expected, none of them lasted more than a month. But then Jazz found Rahul and since then things went fine for her. Even Swati ditched her drunkard ex Karan for a more settled and smart Manav and they have been going steady since 2 months now. So all in all, their love lives weren't in turmoil.

She smiled to herself at such thoughts. But then the traffic and her job made her sulk again.

Even Swati has taken a holiday today to attend her cousin's wedding. That made her feel even more bitter.