Chapter 15 | Typa Way

   Milyon sat by her brother's bedside, she held his still hand, squeezing it. She studied his face, it was blank, he looked... dead. His chest rose up and down, also with the help of a machine. She was happy that her brother was breathing at all. The doctor told them that the bullet barely missed his heart and lungs; they couldn't remove it though, due to how close it was to his heart. The other bullets didn't do much damage, those were removed and he will be sore for a while. He was one the lucky ones,

   She couldn't believe that she almost lost her brother. Who would do some shit like this? Milyon thought to herself. Who would attempt to take away her brother's life? The only person in this world who needs her just as much as she needs him? The only person who will protect her? The only person who she knows won't leave her no matter what the cause, the only person to guide her, the only person that she has left who also shares herm blood. No one would understand the love, care, respect, honor, and appreciation that she had for her brother; he's her rock, the second man on earth to have her heart besides her father. She couldn't control the tears that trickled down her already tear stained cheeks.

   She listened to the machines around her, they were so annoying, and it simply reminded her that she was in a hospital. Carti and Shy waited outside of the door to give Milyon some privacy with Mace. They'd been there for her through this whole night, she was so thankful to have them by her side or she would have already lost it. Carti was actually talking to her, well... somewhat, he was mostly trying to calm her down. She couldn't believe that she spazzed out on the nurse like that earlier, she made it her business to apologize for her ridiculous behavior, she was embarrassed, and she hadn't been in her right mind at the moment.

   She looked out of the window of the hospital room and noticed the sun creeping through the blinds; they'd obviously been there for hours. Her dress was ruined but she could care less, she just couldn't wait for her brother to awake from his medicated sleep. There was a soft knock on the door and in walked Shy; Shy gave her friend a comforting smile. She glanced down at Mace and a look of sympathy spread across her face.

   Her white dress still looked fine and so did her make-up, but she now had her once curled weave lifted into a ponytail. "How is he?" Shy asked, looking at Mace.

   Milyon glanced at Mace and back to Shy. "Uh, he's okay. He just knocked out from the medicine." Shy nodded and rested her hand on Milyon's back who was sitting in a chair next to Mace's bedside.

   Milyon stared at him hard. "Um, a'ight then. I guess I'ma go run to the house and take a shower. You want me to bring you some clothes back?" Shy asked, already knowing Milyon wasn't leaving Mace.

   "Yea, just grab that Adidas track suit and my shell toes, and some deodorant and stuff. Just call me when you get there." Milyon said, not looking Shy in her eyes, her mind was somewhere else. Shy left the room and Milyon was left to her thoughts. She heard the door being opened, her eyes darted toward it and Carti entered. She hadn't noticed until now how dapper he looked in his all white Versace from head to toe, he wore gold Versace chains, along with a shiny, gold Rolex on his wrist. She also noticed how loudly he dressed compared to her brothers attire, her brother dressed simple, not wanting to bring attention to himself. She thought they were so different in many ways but they were both, none the less, bosses.

   His eyes were on Mace, he approached his friend's bedside and just looked at him. He sighed, loudly and rubbed his hand over his face. "Fuck, man!" Cartier yelled, suddenly. His arm swung in the air as if he wanted to hit something, he turned away. Milyon jumped at his loud outburst. The room grew silent.

   "Y-you good?" Milyon asked Carti.

   Carti took a deep breath. "Uh, yea, my bad. I-I just know that I should've been there or this shit wouldn't have happened." Carti said facing Milyon from the other side of Mace's bed. He had a look of distress on his face; his gorgeous light brown eyes looked saddened.

   "This wasn't your fault Carti, you know that. I mean, you can't control shit that happened so why blame yourself? This shit was goin' happen regardless if you were there or not." Milyon said while looking at her brother.

   Carti bit his bottom lip. "I guess you right but I could've did somethin', you never know." Carti said.

   Milyon shrugged. "Well, that doesn't matter now, let's just pray that Mace makes it the rest of the way." Milyon said, looking into Carti's eyes, their eyes locked. Carti nodded his head and broke their moment, his jaws clenched. He couldn't deny that Milyon made him feel some type of way but he couldn't take it there with her. Milyon wanted to ask him about the way he was acting lately but didn't feel this was the right time or place. Carti sat in a chair that was on the other side of Mace's bed; he took his phone out his pocket and checked his messages. There was an elephant in the room as the sound of the machines beeping took over. Mily's thoughts took over once again. She eventually drifted into a much needed sleep.