Chapter 1 ~ Sans the Skele-pun

(I couldn't help myself with the title)
(Don't hurt me)
_____

  You find yourself in an area covered in snow and trees around you.
"Ok so you said we are underground right, Drift?"
"Yes?"
"Then why is there snow and trees everywhere?"
"You are in a chasm (Y/N) snow from the top of the mountain comes in and the trees feed off magic in the mountain and do not need so much light to live."
"Makes enough sense to me." You shrug ending the conversation.
You leave them be, wanting to be able to finish your mission without needing a lot of help. The Scythe is now in your inventory and you look around trying to decide where to go.
You notice a path and decide to follow it, you think you can see a door in the distance.
You pass a little station with an odd lamp out in front of it and come to a small bridge.
You cross it, going through the wide bars that are put across it. But just as you get across, out of the corner of your eye, you see a figure masked by the shadow of the trees. The moment you seen him he turned and vanished before your eyes.
"H-hey, who goes there?" You call out.
You look around and then a voice behind you makes you jump.
"Hey.... Don't you know how to greet a new pal?" The voice was soft and charming.
You quickly turned around to find a skeleton facing you with a hand outstretched and a smile plastered on his face. Even though you felt a chill up your spine and were nervous you took it anyways.
Ptttttttttttthhhhhhhhhhttt!!
You half snort trying to hold back a surprised laugh after the sudden noise caused you to jump. "Oh jeez a whoopie cushion, really?" Is what you manage to say between a fit of suppressed giggles. The skeleton smile brightened as you laugh and gave a snicker himself. His laugh and the joke makes the worry just melt away from you.
"Gets em every time. The name is Sans, Sans the skeleton. I haven't seen you around before".
You can't help but smile at him "I'm (Y/N)"
"Well what's a human like you doing in a place like this?" He lets go of your hand and walks you to his station.
Not sure how much to tell him you just respond with; "Just looking for someone else who wound up down here."
He gives a questioning look but brushes it off. "Alright I think I know what you mean, come with me... I'm supposed to watch for humans you know but... ehh" He shrugs as he turns and starts walking to the door "I don't really care about that. I'll help you find them."
You follow along, a few jokes pop in your head but you are unsure at first until he says "Yeah I know they will be here, I can feel it in my bones" He turns to you and winks. You can't help but giggle at the way he says it. "Quite the jokester?"
"Oh (Y/N) you should know I have a skeleTON of jokes" He looks really happy to see you laughing and making jokes with him. 
"Are all your jokes... sans-sational?" you respond with a giggle and he laughs back.
"You know I'm humerus, I am happy to tickle your funny bone"
You laugh a little harder. He seems really happy knowing you enjoy jokes and puns as much as him. He made you forget your task at hand for a moment.
After a while of telling jokes his smile lessens and he pulls you off to the side  and shushes you as the door opens. You finally get a glimpse of who you are after, the one who is cheating death and messing with time.
It's... It really is... a kid.
You realize that when Death said "kid" they really meant it.
You decided to walk up to them, pulling away from Sans' grasp as he watched you nervously.
Sans, noticing the knife in the kid's hand tries to get your attention but you approach the kid anyways.
"H-hey child, I'm (Y/N) you look lost" you talk to them, wondering if such a kid could really be the one cheating death and messing with the timelines.
The kid smiles at you.
"(Y/N)" Sans calls back to you, sounding a little worried.
You turn around as he calls out to you, but before you can even respond you feel hot pain through your back. Falling to the ground you hear Sans calling your name again as he rushes forward and then the child's laughter. The last thing you see is the child, still smiling holding a knife over your body.